Monday, June 8, 2015

Good Bye Visit for Little Guy

The trial to terminate parental rights (TPR) was at the end of May. The judge issued her ruling last week and Little Guy's birth parents'  parental rights are officially severed. When TPR happens, they schedule one last "goodbye" visit with the birth parents. Today was supposed to be the "goodbye" visit for Little Guy.

Guess what? His Birth Father (BF) forgot. He forgot. 

I received a call from the Parent Aide that BF forgot it was scheduled for today and wants to reschedule it. I've never heard of a goodbye visit being rescheduled... Technically, they have no rights anymore. 

I have to say, when I received the call I was extremely disappointed. I couldn't believe it. How can you just forget that you had your last visit with your son scheduled? I was angry. I was upset. I was sad. 

Very upsetting. I guess this just goes to show that the right course for my Little Guy was made and TPR was the right direction. 

I know Little Guy doesn't comprehend everything that's going on right now... But I still hurt for him. Because although he doesn't understand now, I'm going to have to explain all of this to him one day. When I finally share his story with him, he will be able to understand all of this. This will always be part of his story. But it doesn't have to be a negative thing or impact Little Guy in a negative way. It is part of his story, but it does not define him or his future. 

Soon, we will be able to move forward... 

Next Steps Towards Adoption 
  • Waiting for CPS to hand the case over to the Adoptions Unit. The transfer paperwork was being completed last Friday. Then, we will have an Adoptions Case Manager assigned. 
  • Waiting for my Foster Care agency to complete the paperwork to get me Certified to Adopt. I completed some paperwork last week, just waiting for them to submit and get it approved. 
  • Find an Adoption Lawyer. I made a call last week, waiting for a call back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment