Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A Rough Week with Little Miss & Update

After returning from the Road Trip, Little Miss's behavior did not subside by much. It was a tough-tough week with many tantrums, outbursts, etc.

It's been tough on me and on Little Guy... I don't like how it's impacting him. Every time she starts on one of her episodes, Little Guy will tell her "No-No" and "Stop It". I don't want him to be around that type of behavior for a few reasons: I don't want him to get used to violence / screaming and I don't want him to pick up on any of that bad behavior.

Out of all my foster children, I think Little Miss has been the most difficult. When she is having one of her rages, there's no calming her down - there's no negotiating - there's no way out of it - there's no redirection method that works. Her episodes last for an hour at a time. An hour - no joke, I'm not exaggerating. Once the hour is up, she usually will come around.

It's exhausting.

Tantrums like this just make the household feel like a war zone, there's no peacefulness. It doesn't matter where you are in the house, her screams are so loud and ear piercing, there's no where you can escape the sound. I wish I was exaggerating... one of my neighbors heard her across the street and texted me asking me about it. <sigh>

I put her in respite over the weekend and it was a much needed break for both Little Guy and me. She had a visit with her birth family on Sunday and came back with a full-on tantrum. The Parent Aide (who supervises the visits) dropped her off and left as quickly as she could! Like, thanks.

Had a visit from the Case Manager last night. They are not sure when the CPC (Change of Physical Custody) will be signed. This is required to be signed prior to them moving her. Originally I was told she would leave the week of 6/29... now, it's looking like longer than that. Maybe 2-3 more weeks, possibly? Case Manager said she would try to push it through.

I don't think I can keep her for that much longer, but don't want to disrupt so close to the CPC...  I just don't think I can handle the tantrums and all the household disruptions anymore. Which is extremely hard to admit... I'm just so tired of it and my patience is wire thin. I am looking into options for "respite" for long periods of time. The Case Manager agreed with it and was OK with that. It's better than a disruption to another foster home that would only last a few weeks.

Will see how it goes, have a meeting with my agency this week and am going to talk through it. In the mean time, Little Miss will be in respite a few times this week and then again over the weekend.

I finished Little Miss's Life Book over the weekend and getting it printed, should arrive this week. The Life Book turned out pretty good and highlights the time that she has lived with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment