Monday, August 31, 2015

Adoption Update: Home Study Finally Submitted!

After the discussion with my Licensing Worker (LW) last week, I decided to call back the adoption lawyer. I wanted to find out the timeline for me to try to make NAD - if it was still an option. They told me: 
  • IF the Home Study was submitted by my licensing agency last week (week of 8/24), 
  • THEN, I would get certified by the end of September. 
  • THEN, they can fit me in to complete paperwork for the October 9th NAD deadline. 
It's such a tight fit!!! If I don't get in for NAD, I'll be adopting in December. 

This is ALL contingent on my agency submitting the paperwork! Ugh. 

I decided to play "nice" and email my LW. I politely told her that I would like to make NAD and asked if it would be possible to have the paperwork submitted, so that I can make the deadlines. If not, I wouldn't make NAD. 

She replied back with, "I'll make sure it gets submitted tomorrow." 

I was happy to hear that! But I wasn't convinced it would actually happen... Not with how slow they've been going throughout this process. However, I sent a very appreciative email back in hopes it would motivate her to follow through! 

"Tomorrow" came and.... no email confirmation from my LW. <sigh>

With trepidation, I finally emailed her this morning asking the status and if it was indeed submitted on 8/27. My hopes of NAD felt like they were slipping away from me.

THEN, I received the email back with: "Yes it was submitted to the court on Thursday. An adoptions worker here told me she was been getting the certification back from court in about 2 weeks!" 

Oh thank goodness!!! FINALLY, good news! It's looking good that I'll be certified in September. It's looking good that I'll be able to get an adoption date for NAD! Yay and Yay!!! 

Can't wait to receive the confirmation that I'm finally certified and have our adoption date scheduled! It feels like forever in the making, but we're getting closer. 

Next Steps: 
  1. Receive confirmation that I'm certified to adopt. Expected in Mid-Late September. 
  2. Schedule meeting with Adoption Lawyer. Have meeting, fill out paperwork. Expected: Late September-Beginning of October. 
  3. Adoption Lawyer to request NAD adoption date! Deadline is 10/9. 

No comments:

Post a Comment