Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Adoption Update: A little forward progress

It's taking FOREVER to get Certified to Adopt!!! This is the big hold up on getting an adoption date. Today, finally received some "movement" forward!

Email from my licensing worker (who I've been bugging by emailing every week asking for an update) just responded to this week's 'Any Updates?' email: 

"Yes, I'm submitting the home study today to the adoptions supervisor for review which may take a couple of days and then submitting it to court!" 

Yippee! Once it gets submitted to the court, I can finally contact an adoptions lawyer! So maybe next week there'll be "actual" movement and by the end of the month I will have an adoption date. Hoping for an October date! 

Next steps: After the submission to court, contact my adoption lawyer!

No comments:

Post a Comment