Friday, August 14, 2015

IUI Cycle #4: Mid-Cycle Ultrasound, Cycle is a Go!

This cycle has felt longer than previous ones. Not really sure why the different "feel" of things. When I did my IUI's in April-May, things felt fast, like I could hardly keep up. This time, it feels so slow going. Maybe it's because the longer cycles with the mini stim?

To relax a bit, I got a two-hour massage yesterday. Felt amazing! Need to make the time to get a massage more often. 

Going into the ultrasound, I was hoping for: 3 mature follicles >18mm and uterine lining >8mm. Here's the actual results: 
  • Number of follicles: 
    • Left Ovary - 13mm
    • Right Ovary - 24mm, 21mm
  • Uterine lining: 9mm
How do I feel? 

I'm a little worried that my IUI isn't scheduled until Monday, as my RE's office is closed on weekends. My follicles are a little big, so I worry about that. Not sure the left ovary follicle will catch up by Monday. They grow 1-2mm a day... So potentially it can grow to 16-19mm and release with the bigger ones. 

This IUI will use my last vial of donor sperm... I contemplated using a different donor for this cycle. I opted against it due to the costs. If this cycle doesn't work, I will be purchasing more donor sperm. It was so hard to purchase sperm the first go around... Hopefully if I get to a second donor, it'll be easier to decide. 

I spoke to me RE about "if" this cycle doesn't work, what the medication protocol should be... Move to an injectables-only round? My RE said there were studies that there were no improvement in % chances from what I'm doing now (mini-stim) vs injectables-only. That I respond well to the medication protocol, so no need for the extra costs (medication and monitoring). An injectables-only round would double the price. 

If I respond so well, why isn't it working?!!! That's the frustrating part of it all. The only thing I can think is that my eggs aren't good quality. There's no way to confirm unless/until I move to IVF and they can test the eggs. Still hoping I don't get that far... 

I have to admit, I feel like screaming "Work this time!!!" Well... I guess I kind of did say that out loud when I was driving to the appointment! I just want it to work. I want to get pregnant. I want to start planning for this wonderful miracle instead of just hoping for it. All these failed cycles are frustrating - let's get lucky this time! Come on try #4!!!! 

Next Steps
  • Trigger Shot on 8/16 @ 3:30am
  • IUI on 8/17 @ 3:30pm 
  • Beta Test on 8/31 

No comments:

Post a Comment