Tuesday, August 11, 2015

IUI Cycle #4: Mini Stimulation Round 2.0

For Cycle #4, I'm following the same mini-stimulation medication that I took during Cycle #3. I responded well to it, producing 2 lead (and 1 borderline) follicles. Adding any other medication would probably overstimulate me at this point.

My Meds: Clomid + Bravelle 

Clomid

For the love of Clomid, I didn't have any "unusual" reactions to it. Same ol, same ol to previous cycles: 
  • Hot flashes - almost right away 
  • Emotional - crying over sad news stories. Crying over sentimental things. 
  • A little short tempered
  • Breaking out! It's like a flash back to my teen years. Pimples. Yuck. 
Bravelle

You'd think that since I'm on round #4 and have given myself 6 shots thus far, that I wouldn't worry about the injections. Nope, the first one is always iffy! Mixing has gotten easier, as I feel more confident with it. Bravelle package: 

The injection part is always so hard to not hesitate. It got easier after the first one. 

Needle going in wasn't bad. Then, the initial burn of the medication when it first starts going in. Otherwise, not too bad. The injection site was a little sore after the first injection.

No noticeable side-effects. Officially have given myself 9 shots total since TTC.

How do I feel? 

I actually feel extremely positive about this cycle. I keep repeating positive affirmations to myself to keep my mind positive. I'm not as busy this month (as I've been for previous cycles), so staying "busy" has been a little more challenging. Luckily, I have a few personal projects I'm working on to keep me distracted. Plus, there's my Little Guy I need to keep up with :)

My hopes for this cycle: I'll produce 3 follicles, all above 18mm. My lining will have a good triple layer above 8mm. Fingers crossed!

Next Step: Mid-Cycle Ultrasound 8/14 @ 2:45 p.m. 

No comments:

Post a Comment