Wednesday, March 16, 2016

IVF #2 Post-Cycle Consult + FET #1 Plan

I had my "WTF" consult for my failed IVF #2 fresh transfer. It was interesting. We went over my stim sheet, where they had all my levels and ultrasound information from the entire cycle. My RE basically said that the cycle went well, my levels were where they wanted them to be, and they were able to get all the eggs that they could.

We also went through my Egg Report. This was my first time seeing this, which was pretty cool. Even though I already had the data, it was nice to see it all in one place.

FET #1 Plan 

This is where I had to make some choices on next steps:

  1. Frozen Cycle (FET): Transfer 1 embryo
  2. Frozen Cycle (FET): Transfer 2 embryos 
  3. Fresh Cycle: Transfer 1 or 2 embryos 
  4. Fresh Cycle: No Transfer --> PGS any fresh + 3 frozen 
  5. Thaw all 3 frozen now --> Test, then FET if normal. 
With everything else in play (being unemployed at the moment), I decided that I'm going to go with option #1 for now. If it doesn't work, I'm thinking that I will just transfer the remaining two in June. If that doesn't work... I'll have to wait and see what happens with getting new employment and having infertility coverage. I may have to stop this path all together for a few years. I just don't know about doing an entire new fresh cycle with the costs and the uncertainty of a new job. 

The other option I was entertaining was: 1) Do the FET with 1 embryo. If that doesn't work 2) Fresh Cycle in June (while my insurance is still covering) + PGS testing (transfer 1 fresh, test any remaining embryos + the 2 frozen). 

It's hard to really plan, as there are so many moving pieces now with all the uncertainty hanging in the air. For now though, the plan is - Transfer 1 embryo on April 20th. 

I already ordered all my meds (accept for PIO because of the short shelf life). 

I wish I could be excited about this cycle... and maybe I will be later on. But with all the craziness that is my life right now, I just can't see the cycle working. I want it to work, I've wanted every single cycle to work. It's just hard to believe that I'm here still. Still wanting a baby after trying so very long... and now I've lost my job. Am I making the right choice in moving forward with the FET under these circumstances? It's just a lot to think about and process. 

But I got to keep on keeping on and solider through this. I'm just hoping the extra stress doesn't impact my FET chances. 

Next Steps: 
  1. 3/23/16: Injections Training, Sign Consent Forms, Payment Due, Blood Draw, and maybe Ultrasound. 
  2. 3/23/16: Start Lupron Injections 
For more details on my IVF process, see my IVF Calendar/Timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment