Tuesday, October 13, 2015

IUI Cycle #6: HCG Trigger + Last IUI

I forgot to add an entry when I did my Trigger Shot! Had my trigger on Sunday @ 10:30 p.m. It wasn't too bad. I stayed up and watching the premier of season 6 for the Walking Dead and then did my trigger. Good excuse to stay up late! Same trigger shot, Pregnyl 10,000 iu. I must be getting so used to doing shots, I didn't even have to read the instructions and the mixing/injection went smoothly. No pain or burn. 


Last IUI - #6 

I had my last IUI this morning. I do feel optimistic about this cycle. However, I'm also planning for IVF if this cycle doesn't work. Even though I'm planning for contingency purposes, I am still feeling extremely hopeful this cycle will lead to a BFP.

Sperm Analysis: 38.7 million Motile Sperm, 43% Motility with a Progressive Motility of 4.

The IUI procedure was the smoothest I've had in all 6 tries. My RE's office has 2 RE's. The RE that is not my *main* RE did my IUI's #1-4. The nurse did my IUI #5. This is the first time my main RE did my IUI. Which is nice because it was the least painful of all of them! The speculum went in really easy - no pain. I didn't even feel the tickle of the catheter going in. He went slower than the other two, wasn't rushed. When he was done he said, "The sperm stayed in the uterus." LOL. Kind of funny. Then he wished me luck.

Hoping Donor #3 is the lucky one and hoping #6 IUI is also very lucky. Here's to hoping the TWW doesn't go by too slowly and that at the end of the two weeks I'll have good news to share. 

Next Steps
  1. Starting Tomorrow: Progesterone Suppositories 
  2. 10/27/15 @ 8:00 a.m.: Beta Test 

No comments:

Post a Comment