Wednesday, October 7, 2015

IVF Options + Healthcare Annual Enrollment

Right now I'm in the process of enrolling for my 2016 healthcare choices. Which is a hard choice! There are some major events happening: my adoption of Little Guy and still TTC Baby C. So my elections will change, depending on how things go with TTC and also adding Little Guy to my insurance post-adoption. Choices:
  • Choosing between a PPO vs Consumer Directed Plan
  • Determining if my current providers are covered
  • % increase for monthly out of pocket fees depending on the insurance provider 
  • Potential FSA contributions 
I received clarification on my current health insurance on moving towards IVF (if Cycle 6 doesn't work). If Cycle #6 is unsuccessful, I'll be covered 80/20 on IVF. Thank goodness... Although, I'm still hoping that I don't have to do IVF - it's still a relief to hear that insurance is finally going to kick in. 

I also spoke to the RE's office about getting in a fresh cycle of IVF before 12/31/15, to cover my costs (as I'm close to meeting out-of-pocket fees and it'll cost less). Turns out, the RE's office already chose the weeks of Egg Retrieval (ER) and Transfer. I would be looking at December for IVF: 
  • ER: Week of December 7 
  • Transfer: Week of December 14. 
It felt weird to already know those would be the dates IF I have to move forward with IVF.

We shall see, I should know more by the end of this month on how things will go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment