Friday, May 5, 2017

34 weeks: MFM BPP + OB NST, Induction Day Scheduled!

I'm a bit behind on my entries, so will combine my 34 week appointments into one entry!


34w+3d: MFM Diabetes Consult + BPP

My stats: 
  • Weight: +16 lbs 
  • Blood pressure: 100/60 
The BPP went really well. They were able to get everything they needed relatively quickly. Baby boy practices breathing a lot, which is always fun to watch on the monitor. It's also fun watching him move while feeling him move, especially the big movements. Now I kinda know what he's doing in there. The big movements are mostly him adjusting where he is. He goes from facing my back, to facing my side, or facing up. Not much room in there. 

I did have to adjust my insulin levels: 
  • Morning: Humulin N 42 iu, Humulin R 18 iu
  • Evening: Humulin R 20 iu or 22 iu 
  • Evening: Humulin N 68 iu
I think my glucose levels have been varying so much because I've been so busy and a bit stressed at work. Not to mention some other anxiety-ridden stuff going on with my son and his daycare. Just a lot of "stuff" happening at once. 

Next Steps: Growth Ultrasound next week

34w+6d: OB + NST 

My stats: 
  • Weight: +17 lbs 
  • Blood pressure: 122/82 
It's funny, there's only one nurse at the OB's office that can get the monitors to stay in the right spot during the NST. The other nurses can't get it to stay on the baby and take 10-15 minutes to "try" before bringing in the other nurse that gets it done in less than 5 minutes. LOL. NST looked good! 

I received my FMLA paperwork back. They already submitted it to my company. I called my company to confirm they have everything and to make sure they didn't need anything else from me. They don't -- so yay for that being done. 

Next Steps: Weekly NST next week 

Induction Scheduled for 5/27 @ 7:30am!

I was also able to FINALLY schedule my induction day!!! I'll be induced on Saturday, 5/27 at 7:30am. I'll be exactly 38 weeks that day! 

This is good, I wanted to wait as long as I could and that's the latest the MFM wanted me to go. I need to talk to the OB more about what their typical induction looks like, which I'm going to ask at my next appointment. 

So crazy to think that I have a DATE for baby boy to come. Very exciting!!! I can't wait to meet him :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment