Tuesday, May 23, 2017

37w+3d: Graduation from MFM

I had my very last appointment with my MFM... it's so weird to think that I won't be going back into her office any time soon! My MFM has been such a big part of my pregnancy, almost all my monitoring was done over there and I saw her more than I saw my OB. I wish she delivered babies, because it would've been nice to have her deliver my baby boy.

My stats:

  • Weight: +19 lbs 
  • Blood Pressure: 110/80
The nurse was a little worried about my blood pressure, since they were so close together. I have to admit, I don't really understand blood pressure readings. I just always ask, "is that ok?" My MFM wasn't concerned at all though. 

Only one change in meds, increasing night time Humulin N to 70iu. 

I hugged my MFM and thanked her for all her help throughout my pregnancy. I'm not sure I would've made it through without all of her support and monitoring diligence. There were a lot of scary things going on in my pregnancy and although I was scared as hell a majority of the time -- I knew that I was getting the best care possible and the monitoring that I needed to make sure my baby boy was ok. 

Saying goodbye to my MFM was almost as hard as saying goodbye to my RE! :(  It's strange how you grow so attached to these providers and it becomes normal to see them so often, then it's time to just stop going there as they've done all they could do for their speciality. 

Bitter sweet for sure.  I didn't even think about it being my "last" appointment and I totally didn't bring anything as a thank you! Ugh. I'm definitely going to make a trip to their office after the baby is born to meet my baby and maybe bring them some fruit or something. Still need to do the rounds at the RE office as well. It'll be nice to stop by there, wonder if the staff and nurses will be the same! 

Can't believe I'm this close to giving birth... it's so surreal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment