Friday, May 26, 2017

37w+6d: OB and NST

Had my last OB appointment today... and last official NST. My stats:

Weight: +19 lbs
Blood Pressure: 128/82

The appointment went well. Baby boy looks good, not stressed at all. But he also doesn't seem to have dropped! I'm still having a hard time breathing and I'm getting kicked in the ribs. Not to mention the acid reflux.

I talked to the OB about what's going to happen with induction. I guess it can take 2-4 days just for the induction to work! Yikes, I wasn't prepared for that long in the hospital. She said it's because you're trying to make your body do something in a few days that it would normally do in 2 weeks. We won't really know how things will go down until they start the process and see how my body reacts. They'll do cervical ripening first & then pitocin after my cervix starts to move along. They won't suggest a C-Section unless the baby (or me) is in distress. Which is nice, but sounds like it can take awhile.

I have my son covered for childcare at least. In also checked out a few e-books and audiobooks to get me through things. Will bring my laptop too.

I also talked to the OB about some crazy scary articles I've been reading (showing up on my FB feed) about deaths during childbirth. Ugh. She tried to reassure me that those types of deaths normally happen under certain circumstances and that I don't really fall into those risk categories. So not to worry! Lol easier said than done.

I am worried about L&D... but trying not to crazily obsess about it or anything. Things will happen as they happen...

My little brother arrived into town last night. He'll be watching my dog while I'm in her hospital and then will watch my son if I'm still in the hospital on Tuesday. My son will stay with his God Mother for the weekend.

So... here I am on the eve of induction and it still doesn't feel real! I was meaning to write a whole thing, maybe I will while I'm waiting for my body to react to the induction Meds! Will see. Either way, baby boy will be making his appearance very very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment