Saturday, May 13, 2017

36 Weeks Pregnant - entering my 9th month and only 2 weeks to go!

It's so weird to think I'm entering my 9th month of pregnancy. Is it still strange that it still doesn't feel "real" to me? I'll be meeting my baby boy in 2 weeks. I've been getting all teary eyed at the idea of seeing him for the first time and hearing him for the first time. But the things that I'm looking forward to the most: 1) The "magic" hour after birth where we get to do skin-to-skin and it'll just be him and me getting to know each other and 2) My boys meeting for the first time. Every time my son sees a small baby, he asks me "Can I pet the baby?" LOL.

I haven't thought much about labor and delivery... I guess because I don't want to get my hopes up in one particular direction and have things go the completely other way. I don't have any misconceptions that it's going to be "easy" in any way! But it'd be nice if things progressed smoothly no matter which direction things went.

How far along: 36 weeks and 2 weeks to go for induction at 38 weeks. That means 14 days left!!!!

How big is baby: Papaya. Ovia app: 



Weight Gain:  +16 lbs 

Stretch Marks: Even though I don't *think* my breasts have grown, I have noticed that I'm getting some stretch marks on the sides by my armpits. 

Symptoms: Nothing terribly new. Same stuff, different day. I am highly emotional though, crying at a bunch of silly things. Baby commercials are the worse!!!! 

Sleeping:  Nothing new. Reflex still kicking my bottom and insomnia winning. 

Food cravings: BBQ and ICE CREAM... oh why do I have to crave ice cream and why does it taste so good that I can't limit it to one bite? 

Food aversions: None. 

Maternity Clothes: I'm mostly thinking about nursing clothing now. I'm so tempted to buy more tops. I really need some nursing tank tops -- badly! I have a bunch of regular tank tops that I can possibly use (pull down from the top), but I want to be able to unhook the strap. I'm back and forth if I should get these now or wait until after baby boy has arrived. 

Movement: Things are squishy in there for him, so I definitely feel it when he has big movements. It shakes my entire body sometimes. Although he moves a ton, I still can't manage to get it on video. 

What I did / Got for Baby: Didn't really do much specifically for baby. It was one of "those weeks" again, but hoping that things are going to calm down over the next few weeks and I can start focusing on finishing everything I need to finish before he arrives. 

What I miss: being able to get up like a normal person. Sitting down goes ok, it's the having to get up where it gets tricky! 

Workouts:  -- with two weeks left, probably not going to happen. 

What I'm looking forward to: Finishing my Baby-To-Do List!! Which I guess I have to finalize what is on the list first :) 

Best moment of the week: Seeing baby boy on the growth ultrasound. I just love seeing him and matching his movements to what I'm feeling. 

Rants/Raves:  

Rant - my son has his third case of strep throat this year! My poor baby... 
Rant - I don't like my son's daycare and I'm going to be moving him. More on this later. 
Rave - had a small work celebration for baby. Was nice to celebrate, even when they don't know me that well (been at the company a year). 
Rave - I have my official last day of work scheduled to be 5/19! So only 5 more working days for me. Can't wait!!!! 

Appointments Next Week:  
  1. 5/16: MFM and BPP
  2. 5/19: OB and NST 

No comments:

Post a Comment