Tuesday, May 9, 2017

35w+3d: MFM + Last Growth Ultrasound

I had my weekly visit with my MFM today and had my LAST growth ultrasound. I have to say that it was the quickest growth ultrasound I've had. Normally they take up to an hour (or more). But today it took 30 minutes! Maybe because there's no room for him to move around and hide?

Baby boy looks good:

  • Overall: 44th Percentile 
  • Head: 94th Percentile 
  • Abdominal Circumference: 23.6 percentile 
  • Estimated Weight: 5 lbs, 12 oz 
They had a hard time getting the abdominal circumference because of the angle. Last time we were in the 80th percentile. So, who knows how accurate these things are. 

But good news: No need for a scheduled C-Section! Woohoo! He's actually looking pretty average in size. They're guessing he'll be about 7-ish lbs for delivery. 

I'm very happy to hear that despite all the scares over this pregnancy, the worry over my blood sugar levels, the worry about having to go with a C-Section -- that baby boy is doing just fine and is an average size. 

I realize that things may progress where I may need an unplanned C-Section... but I'm happy that I'll get a shot at induction first and see how things go. 

My stats:
  • Weight: +15 lbs
  • Blood Pressure: 112/60 
MFM did mention to me that I should be prepared for what happens post-delivery. They'll be closely monitoring my blood sugar levels during labor. After baby boy is born, they may need to bring him to the NICU to monitor his blood sugar levels if they fluctuate too much. I'm really hoping that things will go smoothly and he won't have to go to the NICU and it makes me sad thinking that he'll be separated from me shortly after being born... But I'm glad she mentioned it so I can prepare mentally at the possibility and not be caught off guard if that happens. 

No changes to my insulin levels. Yay for that. 

Next Steps: Weekly monitoring next Tuesday, Diabetes consult/review and BPP 

No comments:

Post a Comment