Monday, June 29, 2015

IUI Cycle #3: Back on the Bandwagon, CD1 has Arrived

It was an interesting time taking a month off of TTC. It gave me a good opportunity to really think about what I'm doing, how I feel about things, and how I can be more relaxed throughout this process. It's also been wonderful being "myself" and off any fertility medication!

Waiting for CD1

All that "thinking" for the month off and I thought that I would be able to "Relax" -- relax?! Who was I kidding?! I started stressing out about this cycle and the "timing" right away.

First, AF was late. Of course, when I don't want her to come - she comes. When I want her to come, she takes her time. Ugh. I got used to being on a regular 28 cycle while I was on fertility meds. It was like clock work. The month off, AF decides to take a detour and go back to her normal irregular self. CD #1 finally arrived today, after a 33 day cycle. I had a few days of spotting. I was so worried, that I scheduled my CD3 ultrasound when I started spotting - thinking I would get AF the next day. That didn't happen, so I had to reschedule it to later... It's now on July 1st.

Anther Short Trip

I'm starting to feel that "stress" with the timing again...! I don't think I've ever willed AF to come so hard before.  I have one last weekend trip in July & I may have to move things around if the IUI timing falls in there somewhere. Which I'm sure it will. I'm having so much anxiety over it that I actually considered skipping July... I would hate to waste the money on a cycle and then have my travel cause a hitch in things.

IUI Timing

The other thing that worries me is the "timing" because my last IUI was on CD13. CD13 for this cycle falls on a Saturday... which means I'd have to do CD12 or CD15. I think with the new medication protocol, CD15 may be too late and CD12 might be too early? I'm assuming the extra injectable will push things and I'll ovulate earlier than the other 2 cycles.

Relax? Yeah right! 

It's so weird how I can go from being completed relaxed to being completed over worried about Cycle #3 in an instant. It's mostly due to that "perfect timing" that's needed with the IUI. Everything has to be so completely perfect and I hate the stressors of: another trip and the RE's office closed on the weekends.

<sigh>

Ok, I have a few more days to really start just letting all this worry and anxiety go and trust that things will happen as they should. I need to get my Zen back. But hey, AF is here - I'm hormonal! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment