Wednesday, July 1, 2015

IUI Cycle #3: Baseline U/S - Round #3

After my cycle FINALLY started, I quickly got back into the swing of things and scheduled my baseline ultrasound to check for cysts and for a follicle count. I have to say, I did not miss having vaginal ultrasounds! 

No cysts! # of Follicles - 6 on the right, 5 on the left. It keeps going down each month. Darn aging process... 

New Medication Plan
  • Clomid 100mg for 5 days CD 3-7 
  • Baby Aspirin 81mg, Daily 
  • FSH stimulating hormone, Bravelle, 75iu for 3 days CD 8-10 
  • Pregnyl Trigger Shot 10,000 iu 
  • Progesterone Vaginal Suppository 100mg (after IUI) 
Sheesh, that seems like a heavy load! But the only change from last cycle is adding the FSH injectable. Let the mood swings begin...! I decided to stick with Clomid this cycle (instead of Femara). There was a lot of good input on the SMC board on Clomid vs. Femara. For right now, I think the good choice is to go with Clomid because I know how I react to it. Switching to Femara and adding the injectable -- who knows how I would react to that combo. So for now, it's Clomid with it's wonderful side effects.

What I'm hoping for is: 2-3 mature follicles that are >18mm at the mid-cycle ultrasound. Hoping the new medication plan will stimulate, but not over stimulate! If I have more than 3 mature follicles, my RE will cancel the cycle (risk of multiples would be too high). 

How do I feel? 

I feel calm and a bit excited. I'm optimistic. I do feel more relaxed now, although the timing still worries me. Or maybe my expectations are just aligned properly now? I'm going to try and not stress and just relax into this entire process. I'm hoping the 3rd time is the charm! We shall see. I deleted some of the forums that I've been following online... decided that if I stop reading them that it'll be less obsessive-like and more time to focus on other things. Let's see if I'm successful at staying away from Google and over thinking things for this round. Although, I should probably not even attempt that. I've already started Googling "mini stimulation IUI".  Tsk tsk. 

Next Steps:
  1. I have to get my prescription meds - in process. 
  2. Mid-cycle ultrasound scheduled for Thursday 7/9 at 8:15am. It's looking like the IUI will be either 7/10 or 7/13. I'm hoping for 7/10... I'm going out of town on 7/11-7/13. I'll rearrange my travel schedule if needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment