Thursday, February 18, 2016

IVF #2 (Cycle 8): Fertilization Report - Day 1

Found this nice diagram of Embryo Development from Have A Baby Website: 


After IVF Egg Retrieval, the next step is to focus on the Fertilization Report from the Embryologist.   I'll be following the Embryo Development very closely. The Embryologist will update me on the number of embryos that make it through each stage of the process and she will also decide when my transfer day will be. 

Day 0 (2/17/16): Retrieval Day


# of Eggs Retrieved: 9

Day 1 (2/18/16)


I received the call this morning at about 9:30am for my fertilization report:

# of Eggs Mature: 8 (88.8% of the 9 retreived)
# of Eggs Fertilized: 7 (87.5% of the 8 mature eggs)

SEVEN fertilized!!! I'm so excited and happy with these percentages! This is great. The Embryologist will call again on Saturday (Day 3) to give me more of an update. She said that she's 98% sure that I'll have a Monday (Day 5) transfer. This is significant... as Day 5 means I had a good showing of eggs and they developed nicely. However, still have to take one step at a time and wait for that Saturday phone call on how the 7 are developing.

I have to admit, I was so relieved to receive this phone call. Thought I would wonder all day what was going on with my eggs. After I hung up, I cried and prayed. I'm so grateful things are looking good right now. But I still have that fear lingering in the back of my mind to not get too excited.

One step at a time... 

Just wanted to notate some of the things post-retrieval. As I mentioned in my Egg Retrieval post, they had ann extremely hard time getting the IV in. I have a horrible bruise where they tried to put the IV in on my right arm. Ouch.



I also had to pee multiple times in the night. Peeing wasn't "painful," but it was like I couldn't fully empty my bladder and it was just drizzling instead of emptying. There was also a lot of pressure on my tummy from the cramps. Very uncomfortable, but not unbearable. 

Happy to report, that although I still have some slight cramping this morning -- I'm not in as much discomfort as I was yesterday. 

Next Steps
  • 2/20/16: Fertilization Report - Day 3
  • 2/22/16: Estimated 5 Day Transfer 
For more details on my IVF process, see my IVF Calendar/Timeline

No comments:

Post a Comment