Wednesday, February 10, 2016

IVF #2 (Cycle 8): Monitoring Appointment #1 (Stim Day 5)

Today was my first official monitoring appointment for IVF #2. I wasn't really sure what to expect and was pretty nervous about the entire thing.

I had my bloodwork taken first, then had the ultrasound. Here are the results:
  • Lining: 5 mm 
  • Left Ovary: 5 follicles (some about 10mm) 
  • Right Ovary: 3 follicles (they were small) 
Right now there are 8 follicles. I'm worried that the left ovary has really large follicles and the right ovary has all small ones. Wonder how that'll all play out. Usually my right ovary has better follicle count than my left...

I was hoping for more... But know that it's early in the monitoring process.

My RE said that this is better than IVF #1. He also said, "We'll get you there this time." Which was nice that he was so reassuring, I just hope he's right. 

Estradiol Level: 252

Just for comparison purposes, for IVF #1 on Day 5 monitoring my E2 was 280. So, a little lower this time. Very odd. Last time, they upped my medications dosages. This time, no changes. I suppose I need to trust that my RE knows what he's doing and just do what he says and hope for the best.

Portal MessageBased on your blood work results there will be no changes to your medications! Please continue your most current dosing and follow your calendar instructions at this time. We will see you at your next appointment on Friday! If you have any questions please feel free to call the office. 

Also, just to mention a few quirky things. I did end up getting AF after I stopped the birth control pills. It was a strange period. But the RE said he expected me to get it. Another thing, and I'm not 100% sure if this is due to the meds or not. My skin has gotten extremely dry! Especially my hands, where my skin started to crack. Ouch! I'm trying to use more moisturizer to counter the dryness. Additionally, I've started to break out a bit. Pimples... Like I'm in High School or something. Got to love being on fertility hormones, never know what your body is going to do next. It'd be nice though if my ovaries responded better. <sigh>

Not really sure how I feel right now about this cycle. I'm hopeful, but I'm also trying to prepare for the possibility of it getting cancelled again. My tentative Egg Retrieval day is in one week: 2/17. I wish I could be excited about it... and I think I will be, once my RE says, "It's time to Trigger." Because that'll mean the cycle was successful (stim-wise) and that it didn't cancel. Let's see what happens at my monitoring appointment on Friday.

Next Steps: 
  1. 2/12/16: Monitoring Appointment # 2 (Day 7 of Stims) 
For more details on my IVF process, see my IVF Calendar/Timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment