Sunday, February 21, 2016

IVF #2 (Cycle 8): Pre-Embryo Transfer

It's the day before my Embryo Transfer and I'm highly emotional just thinking about it... No surprise there I'm sure!

I have to admit that I have a fear that I'll receive a call in the morning telling me that none of my 7 little embies made it to Day 5. It's a big fear that I'm trying not to entertain, but it's floating there in the back of my mind nonetheless.

It's a strange thing trying to explain to someone that hasn't experienced infertility issues where all these fears and doubts stem from. How going from cycle to cycle with so much hope, just to have nothing to show for it over a year later.

It's not that I don't want to feel absolutely excited and positive about this entire experience -- I wish I could! I actually get scared when I feel too comfortable with things going smoothly, because that's normally when bad news comes.

I guess it's good I have friends that are telling me:

"Stay positive!"
"How exciting!"
"Prayers for your embies!"
"Good luck, hoping for a pre-Christmas baby!"
"I pray it takes!"
"It will work!"
"Crossing fingers!"
"I'm so excited for you!"
 
I need to hear it because sometimes it's hard for me to pull out that inner optimism and to really believe it's going to happen. Because sometimes it feels like I'm chasing a dream that will never come true...

So, here I am on the eve of my embryo transfer NOT being stress-free, over-thinking, and being way over emotional. Not to mention these Estrogen Patches are making me a moody-moody not-good-to-be-around person.

I also had to figure out another ride to the procedure. My poor friend that was going to make me is really sick. She's the sweetest person ever and was going to try to make it work, which I totally appreciate! But she really needs to take care of herself and start getting better. Taking me to my procedure is about 4 hours round-trip. That's a big commitment and not something she should be doing when she's feeling horrible.

After some calling around to friends and even looking into the cost of a medical transport (my RE won't let me use a Taxi or Uber - need someone I know or medical transport), one of my dear friends stepped up at the last minute and said he would take me. Thank goodness for kind people! He doesn't know I'm going through IVF. He doesn't know why I needed a ride. He just said, "I know what it's like to need help. I'll take you!" The relief and joy and gratefulness I felt is overwhelming. How very generous and kind of him. I'll tell him about the whole IVF thing when we're headed to the procedure. But the good thing is = my friend gets to rest and try to recover from this awful sickness + my other friend is taking the time to take me + I will make my embryo transfer.

It might take a village to raise a child. But it also takes a village to make a child through the IVF process! Just to think about all the people involved to make this happen.

I was starting to think that maybe I shouldn't do a fresh transfer! With all these hurdles I've been experiencing lately with Munchkin getting sick for my egg retrieval and now having issues with transport to my egg transfer. But luckily the universe has made it all work out in the end. Thank the Lord!

This time tomorrow, I should have one of my little embies back where it should be - with me :) So hard to believe...

Sending positive vibes out in the Baby Dust universe to sprinkle some of it my way. Prayers for my 7 embies and for a successful transfer tomorrow.

It's finally almost here...

Next Steps
  • 2/22/16: Day 5 Transfer! 
For more details on my IVF process, see my IVF Calendar/Timeline

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck tomorrow! I may have IVF in my future. One thing I worry about is who will drive me to egg retreval??? Oh well, I'll worry about that bridge when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's funny, things seemed to work out where transport was concerned :) I'm sure you have a strong network and someone will be able to help you out, if you end up moving to IVF. So sorry it's been a long road. Hopefully we will both have our little bundles of joy soon. I do have to say that doing IVF has been tough, but it's good to know what's happening with the eggs in the lab.

    ReplyDelete