Monday, February 15, 2016

IVF #2 (Cycle 8): Monitoring Appointment #4 (Stim Day 10) + Trigger Shot!

Stim Days 1-4
Stim Day 5 (Monitoring Appointment #1)
Stim Days 6-7 (Monitoring Appointment #2)
Stim Day 8-9 (Monitoring Appointment #3)

Stim Day 10 - Monitoring Appointment #4

Had my monitoring appointment this morning. Nothing progressed from yesterday, everything was about the same:

  • Lining: 9.55 
  • Right Ovary: 2-3 Follicles 
  • Left Ovary: 5-6 Follicles 
Still 9 follicles in the running. My left ovary looked really good, as far as follicles go. The right ovary, not so much. Makes me wonder how this cycle would've gone if both my ovaries were working at the same capacity. RE said we would trigger tonight and have the retrieval on Wednesday! I was very excited to hear that. I've officially made it to EGG RETRIEVAL. Woohoo!

Estradiol Level: 1474.4

Progesterone Level: 0.26 

Portal Message:
You will give your trigger (HCG) shot tonight at exactly 7:30 PM (remember only 1ml of the water into the powder)
You will not be giving any other injections tonight, however you will continue all other ORAL medications. You will not have any injections tomorrow, but again please continue any oral medications at this time. 
Your appointment for retrieval on Wednesday will be at 7:30 AM. 
Please arrive at 6:30 AM so we have time to get you ready! 
Your ride home will need to arrive at this same time as well. 
Please remember nothing to eat or drink past midnight the night before. 
You will not have any other appointments until the day of retrieval; if you had one scheduled, it has been cancelled for you at this time. 
TODAY OR TOMORROW you will receive a portal message with your Pre Operative Instructions; please be on the look out for this message. 
Please let us know if you have any questions!
Thanks so much! See you Wednesday! 
Trigger Shot - 7:30 PM 

I did my trigger tonight at 7:30 p.m. - on the dot, as directed. It's kind of funny, as I've been on stim meds so much - but I haven't actually had to do a trigger shot since IUI #6 back in October! So, I did go slow for that and read the directions slowly while mixing. I was done mixing a little early and waited about 3 minutes until 7:30 hit. Those minutes seemed to linger...! 



But it's done. I have officially Triggered. I will have my Egg Retrieval on Wednesday... two days from today... or shall I say, 36 hours from the time of my trigger. Oh my... 

Things I need to do: read through the documents on retrieval day (haven't received them yet - hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow morning). I kind of know what to expect, but I want to read through everything so there are no surprises. 

Things I've already done: I've taken care of childcare for both potential transfer days (Day 3 and Day 5). The only potential issue that I'm facing right now is my foster son, Munchkin. He seems to be coming down with a cold and is running a low-grade fever tonight... If his fever gets any higher, I won't be able to bring him to daycare. His daycare provider was the one that was going to watch him and Little Guy while I had my Egg Retrieval. Will have to see what happens tomorrow. My friend that's taking me to my egg retrieval said we can bring him with us, if needed, and that she would watch him. Thank goodness for nice friends! I would hate to bring Munchkin to the Clinic being sick and all... but I might not have a choice. Fever = no daycare = no childcare for Egg Retrieval. Have to play this one by ear and figure it out as we go. 

Other than that, I'm happy that I've figured out Day 3 and Day 5 transfer for transport and for childcare. I'm hoping for a Day 5 transfer (2/22) - but we'll see what happens. It'll all depend on what happens after Egg Retrieval. 

Man... I feel excited and so very hopeful! At the same time, I'm worried about Egg Retrieval. I don't really like being put under anesthesia. I've only been put under twice: 1) to get my wisdom tooth pulled and 2) for my hysteroscopy last year. Not to mention, I'm worried how many mature eggs they'll be able to retrieve. 

One step at a time... 

For now, fingers crossed Egg Retrieval goes well on Wednesday... TWO more days!

Next Steps
  • 2/17/16: Egg Retrieval!! 
  • 2/18/16: Fertilization Report 
For more details on my IVF process, see my IVF Calendar/Timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment