Tuesday, February 16, 2016

IVF #2 (Cycle 8): Pre-Opp Instructions for Egg Retrieval

I had a very emotional day today! Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, made me teary eyed. Darn fertility meds. 

It's the eve of my Egg Retrieval... 

A few more hours until my Egg Retrieval!!! I can't believe it... After all this time and preparation, it's finally almost here. I have so many emotions and thoughts going through my head. I'm trying not to over-think everything, but it's so darn hard. I have this overabundance of feelings just cooped up inside of me ready to burst. Yes, it's probably due to my hormone levels being skyrocketed for retrieval - but, I feel so ready to see this through.

I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow. I don't know how this is all going to turn out. I do wish I could take out my TTC Crystal Ball and have the Powers That Be show me what to expect. Only if life could be so easy as to know the outcome prior to going down a certain path.

I can't help but wonder what my future Baby C would say if he/she read this blog and saw all that was done to bring him/her into the world...

An Update on Munchkin

He woke up this morning with a fever! Poor baby. Luckily I was still able to secure childcare for him. The kindness of people through this IVF process has been a little overwhelming - in a good way. Really appreciating all the last minute workarounds that everyone has been doing to help me out. 

Pre-Opp Instructions
Below are a few more reminders about your procedure Wednesday:

1. We will need you to arrive one hour early to the surgery center. Your arrival time is 6:30 AM.

2. Remember to not eat or drink anything after midnight Tuesday night; this does include water, gum and mints.

3. Remember to remove all jewelry (earrings, necklaces, rings, and any body piercings).

4. Remove all fingernail polish you may have on (you may leave on toenail polish). If you have artificial nails, they will need to be clear in color (French Tip is Fine).

5. If you wear contacts, please wear your glasses instead.

6. Remember to wear loose, comfy clothing with shoes that are easy to slip on so that we can assist you to get dressed after being under anesthesia.

7. Please arrive with a pad already in your underwear as you will have bleeding after this procedure and you may not wear a tampon.

8. Your ride home will need to arrive with you at the same time.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know and we will see you Wednesday! 
With all the nerves that I have over the retrieval and knowing I may not be 100% for at least a day, I spent this evening cleaning my house and doing laundry! That way, I won't have anything to do the day of retrieval. I'm taking two days off of work to recuperate (day of retrieval and day after). Planning to TRY to go to sleep early... but I don't think that's going to work out, my thoughts are spinning. 

Praying and hoping that everything goes perfect tomorrow...! 

Next Steps
  • 2/17/16: Egg Retrieval!! 
  • 2/18/16: Fertilization Report 
For more details on my IVF process, see my IVF Calendar/Timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment