Wednesday, July 8, 2015

IUI Cycle #3: Mini-Stimulation, Clomid + FSH Injectable

My first "Mini-Stimulation IUI". It's funny, when I first started this TTC process - I never thought I'd be able to give myself shots. Now, not only have I done the HCG Trigger Shot - but I can now add on injectables to that. I guess I asked for it, wanting to get more aggressive with TTC. It's just interesting how now, giving myself a shot is not that *big* of a deal and I actually asked for it!

Here's how the Mini-Stimulation IUI round went for me.

Clomid, 100 mg, CD 3-7

Surprisingly, the 5 days on Clomid weren't bad at all! I still had a few symptoms.

Side Effects: Hot Flashes, some irritability, sudden mood changes.

Overall though, wasn't as bad as Cycle 1 or Cycle 2. Thank goodness!

Maybe it was easier because Little Miss left or because I wasn't thinking about it too much or perhaps combination of both? Who knows.

FSH Injectable, Bravelle, CD 8-10

Really liked the company I ordered the meds from. They sent a sharps container along, free of charge. I also liked the way they shipped the medication to me. Was a lot nicer than the other company I used for my other two cycles. Here are my 3 sets of injectable shots supply:
  • Vials 
  • Sodium Chloride (diluent) 
  • Q-Cap 
  • Sterile needles & syringes
  • Sharps Container 

Here are the directions and one set of shots: 



The injection needle (same as the Pregnyl Trigger shot): 


Day 1: I decided to try and sit down to do the injection. When I did the Trigger Shot, I stood. But I watched a video on YouTube where she said it was easier to sit down, so I thought I'd give it a try. It seemed to work out OK - no real big difference between sitting vs. standing for me. It took me two times before I was able to inject myself. Had to count down "3, 2, 1... stab!" Going in didn't hurt. When I started to depress the medication in, I felt a slight burning half-way through. Then it was done! I did get a small bruise on the first day at the injection site - no biggie. But I didn't get them with the Trigger shots... so, it was just a surprise. 

Day 2: much easier and quicker with the "plunge". Decided to stay standing for the injection and prefer it that way. 

Day 3: Mixing and injection went smoothly. 

Side Effects: Didn't notice any really, just a little short-tempered and tired. 

Next Steps: Ultrasound tomorrow to check out my follicles. Hopefully will have 2-3 good sized ones and will get my Trigger Day/Time and IUI Day/Time. Hoping IUI will be on Friday, 7/10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment