Saturday, March 11, 2017

27 Weeks Pregnant - Entering my 7th Month and Last/3rd Trimester

It feels kind of surreal that I'm entering the "final" trimester of pregnancy. I'm entering my 7th month and the 3rd trimester. Many times I wondered if I would ever get past the 1st trimester... then I worried if I'd ever make it out of the 2nd trimester... now, here I am -- almost in the final stretch of things. It still doesn't feel real in a way, like this is really not happening. 



How far along: 27 Weeks. 11 weeks (77 days) to possible induction at 38 weeks. It's funny, I've been getting a lot of questions on why my MFM wants to induce me at 38 weeks. I'll save this for another entry, but there are many complications with a diabetic pregnancy -- and it's better to not go past 38/39 weeks. Although I'd love to have a "normal" L&D experience, my entire journey to get here hasn't been normal! So... if my MFM says we need to induce -- I'm not going to fight it at all. She knows best. 

How big is baby: Lettuce. Ovia app: 



Weight Gain: +2 lbs? No official weigh-in this week. 

Stretch Marks: Nothing new. 

Symptoms: I've been getting some extreme breast pain, especially in my right breast. My breasts have been sensitive this entire pregnancy, but this week the sensitivity level went up quite a bit. I've also been getting "itchy" on certain places on my face. It's so weird...! I try not to itch, but end up itching before I even realize it. Ugh. Another thing is something called the "snissles" AKA sneezing and peeing a little. Yeah, it's a thing and not a fun thing. When I'm awake, I normally have to pee every hour or I get highly uncomfortable and risk some embarrassing things if I do have to sneeze! 

Sleeping: I've tried adding more pillows. I sleep with my maternity pillow -- then a normal pillow  on top of that to lift my head up (congestion issues) -- then I added my regular body pillow to help prop my legs. You'd think I'd feel claustrophobic with all those pillows, but it's actually pretty comfortable. I noticed that I can't move a certain way or I get those pains in my groin/stomach. I've been very careful when switching positions/sides. Still peeing 1-2x's a night. I try not to get up to pee, but then I end up tossing and turning more, so what's the use? Better to go than to just be up trying not to get up to go. You know. 

Food cravings: Salsa and Ice Cream. Will this torture ever end???!! I've been pretty bad and letting myself enjoy these cravings. My glucose levels look horrible because of it... But I can't be perfect all the time... ugh. 

Food aversions: I had a weird reaction to eggs one day... I think it was the way it was cooked or something, it just didn't sit right. I hadn't felt that way since 1st trimester food aversion hell. Which is so weird because I eat eggs almost every single day right now and don't normally get that reaction. I try not to cook my eggs like that anymore. 

Maternity Clothes: Well, it's a funny thing. The weather is already HOT. Good, but not good. I don't want to invest in maternity-specific clothing at this point, since I only have about 11 weeks left. I went through my clothes and some of my dresses/tops/skirts will definitely work for the remainder of the pregnancy. However, not enough to make it through a full week of clothing wear. So... I decided to buy some new clothes -- which can be stupid at this point. But I ordered clothes at my normal clothing stores. I bought clothes that I would normally wear. The thing I kept in mind is: will it work for the rest of the pregnancy? and -- will it work for nursing? The answer is yes and yes. So, I only bought new clothes that 1) I would wear normally and can wear post-pregnancy, 2) will work for the remainder of the pregnancy, and 3) I can use while nursing. Will see how this goes. I hate wasting money, but I truly need more clothing options. 

I did buy one specific "maternity" clothes item: a pair of underwear that also can be a tummy support. I tried using my tummy support under my dress/skirt and it made me so hot! The damn hot flashes and the extra material, I was sweating so bad -- it was gross. So, not sure if that's going to work for me with the weather already getting so warm. I'll see if this underwear/maternity belly support works better. The material is lighter. Sometimes I don't think I really need the tummy support, but other times it feels better to have it on. 

Movement: I'm feeling baby boy move much more now. It's funny because sometimes he's doing all these weird things and I feel him all over the place. There are times when he's completely sideways and I feel him moving on both sides. Then, the next minute I'll feel him pushing on my bottom and feel him under my ribs. Other times he's diagonal. It's pretty crazy. There are times when his kicks are so hard that my entire tummy moves. It's pretty amazing and strange at the same time. 

What I did / Got for Baby:  I think I'm on my way to truly "nesting." I scheduled a bunch of home maintenance things that I've been putting off: annual AC checkup/cleaning, plumbing, getting a quote on house painting, thinking about getting the carpets cleaned. I've also started making my way through the house to declutter and get more organized. I'm focused on the kitchen right now and going through a drawer at a time. I was going to start with the garage... but the heat and heavy lifting has dissuaded me. It's also the area that needs the most help! I'll get to that eventually. 

I've also been freaking out a little bit about the birth... just worried that something will happen to me and what that would mean. So, I decided to make major changes to my Will, Living Trust, and my Healthcare Power of Attorneys. It's in the works -- just waiting for them to complete it and for me to go in and sign. 

I bought a bunch of storage containers and I'm going to go through my son's old clothes (again) and sort them a little better. Also, going to add labels with the sizes. Baby boy is going to inherit a lot of these clothes, so I also need to get rid of the ones that are a little too worn. Need to also categorize the seasons. I'm hoping that perhaps baby boy will still be able to use most of the clothes. My son is tall, but really thin. So he has been so weird on his sizes. The boys will also be born in different seasons. Will see how it all works out. 

I rescheduled my maternity shoot to May, when I'll be 36 weeks. My mom will be in town, so I'm looking forward to getting pictures with her in them. I'm thinking we can get pampered and get our hair/makeup done beforehand! I'm going to budget for it. It'll be relaxing and fun. 

I talked to HR about the maternity leave policy in more detail. I think I understand things a lot better now and am not so worried if I end up delivering a little early. I also understand how the short term disability works better. 

I've asked my son's God Father if he would be the God Father for the new baby. He said YES! I'm so excited! I still need to ask my son's God Mother, but waiting until I see her in-person. I was going to go with different God Parents for both of the kids, but it feels right for them to have the same God Parents to me. 

I forgot to mention that I went to the dentist the other week. Yeah, pregnancy puts a toll on your gums! That's for sure. The dentist said your saliva is thicker when pregnant or something. I had a lot of build up that I normally don't have, she said that's why. So weird. I am having a bit of pregnancy gingivitis and bleeding gums. Fun stuff... 

The new stroller arrived! Not sure if I mentioned it, but there was a recall on my previous stroller and they sent me a brand new one - the 2017 B-Ready Britax Stroller. Originally, I wasn't thrilled about getting a new stroller -- I was happy with my other one. But when I put it together... I'm so in love with it! Also, my son loves it and helped put it together and tested out all the seat options :) 



What I miss:  Being able to move without aches/pains. 

Workouts: I've been doing more home chores and getting out more-- that makes me walk more. Does that count? 

What I'm looking forward to: My next ultrasound. 

Best moment of the week: Putting the stroller together with my son. 

Rants/Raves

Rant -- some people are a*holes. One of my co-workers actually YELLED at me during one of our conference calls because she was having a bad day and didn't want to wait for me to finish what I was saying (she was assuming I was attacking her maybe?). It took SO MUCH control out of me to keep my voice calm, correct her with what she was saying, then finish my suggestion for a fix. Did she apologize? Nope. So lame. What's funny is, my suggestion has now been implemented. Yup, I'm a problem solver and I solved one of her problems -- so don't yell at me! Who yells at people in a professional environment? And on top of that -- someone that's pregnant? WTH. I can never understand this company. Some of the people are straight up jerks. Me being pregnant and going through all this antenatal depression crap, once I hung up -- I started crying these big alligator tears I was so upset and angry. Man... if this company didn't have good benefits, good work-life flexibility, and didn't pay me well -- I'd leave. BUT, making big choices when emotionally imbalanced while pregnant is not something I'm going to do right now! But it is something I'm thinking about for "later" to consider.  I wish I could just yell back and say "f* you!" and hang up! Ugh. Being as emotional as I've been, I'm surprised I was able to stay calm and stay professional without giving into the temptation to show my bitchy side. 

Rave -- I received a gift card from an old college friend that received my announcement card (that I sent over New Years). It was so unexpected and sweet, that I cried! Yeah, crying is like a normal daily thing these days. I think that was "officially" my first baby gift I received. I've gotten books and stuff as gifts, but not something "for" the baby. It was really nice and thoughtful. Especially since I'm not that close to her and we only see each other every so often at Homecoming. 

Appointments Next Week:  Tuesday, 3/14 -- MFM appointment with a growth ultrasound and my first therapist appointment regarding the antenatal depression. I'm hoping to be able to talk sh*t about my co-worker that yelled at me. J/K sorta. It really does bother me that she thought it was OK to yell at me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment