Tuesday, March 14, 2017

27w+3d: Antenatal Depression Therapist Intake

I had my intake with the therapist this morning regarding the antenatal depression. I'm not sure if I'm going to like the therapist or not, hard to tell with just the intake.

First impressions of the therapy practice: they're really busy! Had a bunch of people in there first thing this morning. I had to wait a little past my appointment time before I got to go in. Therapist kept an eye on the clock the entire time. The office location is also pretty far from my house, I'd prefer something closer.

The intake questions were weird to answer because it's hard to say what is pregnancy-related vs. life-related.

Will see how this goes. I scheduled my first therapy appointment. I'm willing to give this a try at least through postpartum.

The issue I have is the time commitment. I already have so many appointments, which are just going to start increasing the further along I get.

The other issue I have is, I don't know if therapy is really going to help me. I guess I haven't had good experiences in the past, so I'm skeptical. Some people interview therapists to find a good one, but I just don't have the time/energy to do that right now.

As I said though, I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Next Steps: 4/7/17 1st appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment