Tuesday, March 28, 2017

29w+3d: MFM Diabetes Follow-up

I had my MFM diabetes follow-up today. It ended up being kind of a whirlwind of an appointment because I had to bring my son with me. He has strep throat -- AGAIN! Ugh. This is the first time I've brought him to any of my pregnancy appointments. I didn't really have a choice, since he can't go to daycare/preschool while sick. But with him being miserable, he was a little stinker during my visit!

Stats:

  • Weight: +7 lbs 
  • Blood Pressure: 118/75 
  • Fetal Heart Tones: 154 bpm 
My blood pressure has gone down quite a bit! I think it's because my anxiety / worry levels have started to go down the closer I get to delivery. I think it's gotten much better since I've reached viability and every week I've made since. It also helps that I can feel baby boy pretty consistently and often. 

My glucose numbers weren't horrible, but they weren't great either. We are making some increases (which will probably keep happening until I deliver): 
  • Morning: Humulin N increased to 30iu, Humulin R increased to 14iu 
  • Evening (before meal): Humulin R increased to 14 iu. However, if my before-dinner glucose is over 120, I am to take 16 iu. 
  • Evening (before bed): Humulin N increase to 52 iu. But, I don't have the syringes for this yet -- my syringes only go up to 50. A new prescription was sent to my pharmacy, so I'm waiting for them. Until I get them, I'm to take 50 iu. If my fasting blood sugars are horrible -- I'll need to up it to 52 iu and just use two separate needles (which I really don't want to do!). 
I don't really mind the increase in insulin dosages. I already have to give myself the injections, so the "amount" I inject doesn't matter. I'm just glad we're not adding more injections. Luckily my breakfast and lunch glucose levels are really good, so we don't have to add another insulin dosage before lunch -- which I'm hoping to not have to add ever! 

Overall, the appointment was quick and easy. The funny part of having my son there is that I had to pee in a cup. Who would've thought that having a 3 year old there would have that cause potential craziness -- as he wanted to play with the cup. Ugh. Gross. He also was playing with switches and turned the music to its highest volume in the doctor's office -- startling us. Not to mention him running around like mad and not following directions. 

Boys will be boys! And I'm about to have two of them. LOL. 

OH -- and not MFM appointment related... But, I think I officially experienced my first Braxton Hicks contractions today! I was laying down during my son's nap time and my stomach got really tight. It didn't hurt or anything. Then it went away and came back a few more times. Very strange feeling. I kind of wanted to freak out about it... but I knew they were going to come eventually. I'll just mention it at my OB appointment next week and see what they say. 

Next Steps: 4/11 Diabetes follow-up and Growth Ultrasound 

No comments:

Post a Comment