Friday, March 24, 2017

28w+6d: Monthly OB Appointment

Had my monthly OB visit today. Stats:

  • Weight: +6 lbs 
  • Blood Pressure: 124/82
  • Fetal Heart Tones: 148 bpm 
I received my "Third Trimester Instructions" document that includes: 
  • Warnings: information on pre-term labor, pre-eclampsia, fetal movement, and doing labs. 
  • Things to get done: 
    • Sign up for childbirth classes -- DONE
    • Sign up for breastfeeding class -- DONE
    • Infant CPR -- already have my CPR license 
    • Install baby's carseat -- going to wait until May to do this. 
    • Research cord blood banking -- already decided against this. 
    • Choose a pediatrician -- already done, going to use my son's pediatrician 
    • FMLA -- need to bring paperwork to the OB. Not sure when to do this? My HR department told me I don't need to file paperwork with them until I'm a few weeks before my due date. Wonder if I can get the paperwork ahead of time or something? 
  • Labor Instructions: yikes. 
  • Vitamin K in Newborns: never heard of this, so interesting to read about it. 
  • DTAP Vaccine: need to get this done. 
Nothing crazy special went on during the OB visit. Which is nice, as things have been pretty uneventful in my pregnancy for the last few weeks (fingers crossed it stays that way). I did get the "all clear" to get a prenatal massage -- so I'm excited about that! I just need to find the TIME to go. My schedule is just looking so cluttered right now. I've been getting some twitches in my legs and some charlie horses, that I spoke to the OB about. 

They also took some blood from me to test for stuff. I forget what she said they were testing for. They took 3 vials of blood... and it's been so long since I've had blood taken, that it was almost a "panic" thing for me! Ugh. I wish it wasn't like that, but needles have just been bothering me lately with my insulin injections. I normally don't have an issue watching the insulin needle go in -- but lately, I've just been closing my eyes and injecting it. Otherwise, I flinch if I watch. Talk about needle-phobia. Ugh. 

This was my last monthly visit, as now I'm moving to every 2 weeks. Then, at 32 weeks I'm going to have to go every week - TWICE a week. I asked if I can do the appointments at one time, OB said nope. I'll have an ultrasound and NST (non-stress test) done. I can choose to go to the MFM or the OB for these... I would like to do them at my MFM, but her office is further away, so I might opt to go to the OB to make it easier for me and save time. I'm a little concerned about juggling all the appointments: 
  • Every 2 weeks for the OB - general visit 
  • Every 2 weeks for the MFM - diabetes discussion 
  • Every 4 weeks for the MFM - growth ultrasound (45-60 minutes) 
  • Then at 32 weeks - 2 visits for an ultrasound (20-30 minutes) and for a NST (20-30 minutes) 
Not to mention just regular work stuff... regular life stuff... other appointments for my son... just so many appointments -- and just so very tired... 

But the nice thing is, I'm getting the care I need to ensure I have a healthy pregnancy and my baby boy is healthy. Got to focus on the positive! 

Next OB Appointment: 4/5 (I'll be 30 weeks) 

No comments:

Post a Comment