Sunday, March 26, 2017

29w+0d: Elective 3D/4D Ultrasound, Take 1

I was so excited about my elective 3d/4d ultrasound, but it didn't go quite as planned! I had the ultrasound yesterday.

I invited a few close friends to come to the ultrasound, thought it would be fun to have them see the baby. Plus, it was going to be my son's first time "seeing" baby brother -- I haven't brought him to any of my ultrasounds since they last so long and there's no way he'd be able to sit through an entire appointment.

Baby boy was extremely active an hour before the elective u/s. His 10 kick counts were done within 6 minutes, which I counted right after breakfast. I was a little worried that he wouldn't be as active during the u/s and... he wasn't! I tried eating candy and drinking juice -- but it didn't work, he was comfy and didn't want to move.

We got to see a few things: his ear, his chubby cheek, his arm, his leg, his spine, his heart. But he wouldn't get into position to get a good picture of his face. He's still head down and likes to bury his face in my placenta. The ultrasound tech was a little rough with the ultrasound probe -- trying to get him to move, but no luck. She tried flashing a light on my tummy, playing music on my tummy, having me move around, etc. Nothing worked. We tried for an hour.

So, no cool pictures of the baby's face and no cool movements were seen. Which is so weird because at my doctor appointments we usually have the opposite issue -- where he moves too much and they can't get the measurements they want!

I get a free re-scan that I'm going to go to in 2 weeks. I was a little bummed that my friends didn't get to see his face or get to see him move! But they seemed to enjoy the experience at least!

I did get a heartbeat animal, which my son helped us pick out: 


We also got a few gifts for baby brother from a few of our friends :)




I wish things would've went better at the ultrasound, but not much can be done if baby boy was tired and or sleeping! Hoping to have better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment