Sunday, February 14, 2016

IVF #2 (Cycle 8): Monitoring Appointment #3 (Stim Day 9)

Stim Days 1-4
Stim Day 5 (Monitoring Appointment #1)
Stim Days 6-7 (Monitoring Appointment #2)

Stim Day 8

Nothing really "new" on this Stim day. Same ol, same ol. 

Stim Day 9 - Monitoring Appointment #3  

I have to start off by saying how lucky I am to have friends willing to watch the boys on these last minute/weekend appointments. My friend came and watched the boys today, on Valentine's Day, while I went to my appointment. I was a little concerned I would have to bring them... Very fortunate for my supportive friends. 

I was extremely anxious for this appointment. It can be from the failed IVF cycle, it can be from the fertility meds, or it can just be that this entire process is nerve wrecking! Even with the reassurances from my RE at my last monitoring appointment, I couldn't stop the nerves and worries. 

The appointment went well! They counted almost all my follicles they could find. Results: 

  • Lining: 9.55 mm. He even showed me how they can see the triple layer on the U/S. It's all about the stripe. 
  • Right Ovary: 4 at good sizes and a few smaller ones. 
  • Left Ovary: 5 at good sizes and a few smaller ones. Looks like a possible cyst is developing again. 
Total of 9 in the running. 

Estradiol Level: 1,058

Progesterone: .20

Portal MessageNo changes to your medications! Please continue your most current dosing (the same dosing you took yesterday) and to follow the calendar instructions at this time. 
See you at your next appointment tomorrow. If you have any questions please feel free to call us. 

I was happy when I saw my E2 results. I knew they needed to double from my last monitoring appointment - and they did! Not sure what my Progesterone level should be at this juncture. I'll worry about that later. 

I still don't have as many follicles as I hoped for when I started this IVF journey. But that's ok. I am where I am. Will have to see how the % work when I go through the fertilization process. 

One step at a time... 

For now, I have another monitoring appointment tomorrow (Stim Day 10). We should schedule my trigger and retrieval day then...! My RE said he thinks my retrieval will be Wednesday - as scheduled. Which would be awesome. Another friend agreed to watch the boys at the last minute for my next monitoring appointment tomorrow. It's a holiday tomorrow, so I don't work and daycare is closed. Again, so thankful for all the help. 

Wednesday... 3 days from today. Oh my...! I already have childcare ready for the boys for the Egg Retrieval day and have already notified work (not sure if I need 1 or 2 days off). I need to make arrangements for Transfer day... I'm hoping for a Day 5 Transfer (which I have childcare covered already), but need to be prepared for a Day 3 transfer as well. This one is al little more tricky, since it may be on the weekend and I may not know until the day-of if I'll be having a transfer. Adding it to my "To Ask" list from my friends. 

I'm excited that I've gotten this far in the process this go-around. After last time, I was looking for land mines this entire cycle expecting something to go wrong at any turn. Glad to say that nothing horrible has happened thus far. 

Can I also say that I'm hopeful!! I even let myself think that "this can really be it!"

That's a scary thought to let myself have, especially with all the disappointments over the last year - I don't want to get my hopes up. But at the same time, I can't help but hope that it finally happens. 

Let's see what's to come tomorrow and hopefully get the big GREEN light for the Egg Retrieval. 

Next Steps

  • 2/15/16: Monitoring Appointment #4 (Stim Day 10) 
  • 2/17/16: Egg Retrieval!! 

For more details on my IVF process, see my IVF Calendar/Timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment