Tuesday, July 14, 2015

IUI Cycle #3: Follow-Up Ultrasound - Cycle is a Go!

I would lie if I said that I wasn't worried about this cycle getting cancelled! At my Mid-Cycle Ultrasound last week, my follicles were not mature enough. I had some travel out of the state and had to change my travel time to get back in time for my follow-up Ultrasound yesterday (7/13). The entire weekend I kept thinking, "Please do not ovulate!" But I did prepare myself for this cycle to be cancelled. Thank goodness, that didn't happen!

Cycle #3 is a GO!!!

Here are the results of the ultrasound:

  • Follicles
Right - 16mm 
Left - 20mm, 21mm. 
  • Uterine Lining: 8.1mm
The follicle in my Right ovary hasn't grown since the Mid-Cycle Ultrasound last Thursday... which I'm wondering if that's normal or maybe it's a different follicle? My RE said it's a little small and might not trigger with the ones on the left. I'm thankful for the extra monitoring and that my RE was right and I did not ovulate over the weekend! We scheduled my IUI for Wednesday. 

Trigger Shot 

I triggered early this morning at 2:15 a.m. I was so tired from the long drive and long weekend, that I basically slept walked through the process and it went really smoothly. I couldn't go back to sleep afterwards though!!! Even though I was exhausted. Oh well. At least it's done.


How do I feel? 

I'm not really sure how I feel at the moment. Part of me thinks "This can be it!" and is really excited. The other part of me thinks "Don't get your hopes up." I'm happy to have 2 nice sized leading follicles with maybe the 16mm possibly catching up. I guess I'm cautiously optimistic... But it still feels like it will never happen... <sigh> Hoping the IUI goes well and that the TWW isn't so stressful. 

Next Steps: IUI is tomorrow @ 2:15 p.m. Hoping for major baby dust and fingers / toes crossed...! 

No comments:

Post a Comment