Friday, July 31, 2015

IUI Cycle #3: Test Results and Cycle 3 Final Thoughts

Results of Cycle #3.

Test Results 

12dpIUI - HPT -  negative
13dpIUI - HPT  - negative
14dpIUI - HPT - negative
16dpIUI - Beta test - negative 

Cycle 3 Final Thoughts 

I spent most of the TWW thinking that this cycle wasn't going to work. I was preparing myself, as I had an unusually emotional TWW period! But I also thought that this cycle was very different from the first two:
  • I used injections
  • I had 2 nice mature follicles 
  • The IUI was timed better with my "normal" cycle (I have long cycles) and the IUI happened the day I would have normally ovulated. 
So, although I was preparing for failure and trying not to have any expectations. I was still extremely hopeful.

Things I'm worried about: 
  • The odds start to go down (% wise) on having success with IUI after try #4... 
  • I only have 1 vial left of my donor.
  • The cost - I added up the costs and I've already spent close to $7,000 for everything. If #4 doesn't work, I'll have to purchase more donor sperm and pay for at least 3 more IUI's before I can move to IVF. 
  • The idea and realization that I might have to do IVF and if that's something I really want to do. Wondering how much out of pocket I'll need for IVF. I'll officially qualify as "infertile" at that juncture (if I have 6 failed IUI's). 
  • My weight is an issue for IVF. All the fertility meds make it difficult to be proactive about exercising. Not to mention the stress. I need to make a change somewhere and get back into a good workout routine. I've gained throughout the process. 
I wasn't very emotional about getting a negative this time around. Probably because I had so many emotions during the TWW, I was tapped out. 

Now, onto Cycle #4. Just waiting for AF to begin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment