Wednesday, July 15, 2015

IUI Cycle #3: IUI Today

With all of my emotions from earlier today, I wasn't sure how my IUI experience would go. To try and distract myself, I listened to Clash of Kings on audiobook on the drive there. But still, already felt teary eyed just walking into my RE's office.

The actual procedure was quick and methodical, which helped ease my emotions. I went into the room, verified the sperm vial / donor number, signed a form with the sperm count listed, got ready for the procedure (feet in stirrups), little tickle when the syringe went in, then done. RE said, "And they're in!" Was about 5 minutes total from entering the room until it was done. My legs were a little shakey again, tried to control my nervousness by closing my eyes and focusing on my breathing. 

Then I laid there for 10 minutes, did some visualization techniques, said a quick prayer, and drove home. No crying! 

The sperm in the syringe: 



Sperm Count:  25 million, 48% motility. Similar numbers to Cycle #1.

How do I feel? 

I don't know... I want to be optimistic. But I just can't psych myself out like that. I guess we'll just see what happens. Just hoping for the best. I'm going to try not to think about "what happens next" either way. No thoughts of a 4th cycle. No thoughts of a potential pregnancy. I'm just going to lay low and wait.

Next Steps:
  1. TWW
  2. Beta Test 7/31 @ 7:45am. Had to do it later due to my travel schedule. 
Edited to add: my RE's office plays the best music from the 1990's! Reminds me of being young again & brings back so many memories. Those 10 minutes on the table aren't so bad with the music on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment