Thursday, April 14, 2016

FET #1 (Cycle 9): Monitoring Appt #2

There was a little bit of a strange interaction with the RE's office yesterday. The front office lady that's in charge of the billing, her husband happens to work for the same company that I worked for (prior to being laid off). I haven't mentioned ANYTHING to the office about being laid off. It just never really came up and it's not really something I wanted to share with them.

Well, she was asking me about a company-wide meeting her husband had to attend and asked if I had to attend it as well. Instead of beating around the bush (after she innocently asked a few more questions), I just told her I was no longer with the company. Then she asked where I was working now, which then led me into saying that I was laid off and am searching for work. Since she does the billing, I felt inclined to say that I was receiving severance pay and that my medical benefits were covered during my severance period. I just didn't want her questioning my insurance coverage.

Anyways... it just felt so ODD to have to explain it to my RE's office. Ugh. I know there's no shame in being laid off due to workforce reductions... but it doesn't help me not feel the shame. You know?

Monitoring Appointment #2

I had my second (and last) monitoring appointment yesterday for my FET. Great news, my lining looks amazing! It really thickened up since my first monitoring appointment (where it was 6.92mm).

Lining: 10.76 mm

E2: 1110.5. This went up quick! I read it should be between 500-1000, so this is good. 

Portal Message: As scheduled on your calendar you will begin Progesterone in Oil (100 mg) intramuscular injections on Friday as well as the Medrol tablet which you will take orally once a day until gone. 

You will not do any more injections of Lupron from this point forward. Continue all other medications as it states on your calendar.

Please do not hesitate to call the office if you have any questions. We will see you at your transfer appointment!


What's on my mind?

I can't believe how easy this FET cycle has been. Only 3 appointments all together (baseline + 2 monitoring appts) & not many drug cocktails. The Lupron sucks (needle not as sharp), dries out my skin & gives me acne. The estrogen patches make me a little more susceptible to emotions. I start PIO tonight, which makes me tired & drained. 

Other than the medication side effects (which are minor compared to a full-blown IVF stim cycle or a Clomid-IUI cycle), it has been easy going. 
I don't really know if my embryo will take. I still worry that I didn't do genetic testing on them... But I only have 3 frozen, so the cost isn't really worth it to test them. I just have to trust that my Baby C is one of my little frosties. 

Only a few more days until I have my transfer... Then the wait to see if it works. 

Next Steps:
  • 4/20/16: Frozen Embryo Transfer - transferring 1 5-day blastocyst 
For more details on my IVF process, see my IVF Calendar/Timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment