Thursday, April 21, 2016

Jobbing: 6 weeks unemployed

Quick update on my job hunt. Week 5 of job hunting was disappointing. I received so many rejection emails in the one week and not ONE call back. I also am having a harder time finding positions that I meet the qualifications for. Then, I received a request for additional interviews from the "Big interview" I mentioned in my last update. Total, I've heard back from 5 companies on moving forward:

Company #1: received email that I qualify for the position (3/16), but still have not heard back on next steps. PENDING

Company #2: Interviewed (3/21) but was not offered the position. They asked that they could keep my resume on file. NO OFFER

Company #3: The job I really want! Had Round 1 interviews (4/5). Then had Round 2 interviews (4/14) with 3 senior executives. Then had a Round 3 phone interview (4/18) with the HEAD GUY! Heard back from the hiring manager saying they'll have a decision next week. Really hoping for this one! PENDING

Company #4: Had interview (4/6). Haven't heard back. PENDING

Company #5: Received email to do a Hirevue interview (4/17). Completed interview (4/19). I think I totally bombed this! It's such a strange format. They ask you 3 questions, you have 30 seconds to read the questions, then 3 minutes to answer it. The questions that were asked were odd and not really directly related to the position - so I didn't anticipate them. Not sure I'll make it past the impersonal video interview. PENDING

That's about it. More rejections vs moving forward. I really want the job with Company #3 and am hoping to get an offer next week. If I don't get an offer, I'm going to start reaching out to temp agencies/head hunters. There's not many jobs left I can apply for that my qualifications meet... I need to also start thinking outside the box on where I have transferable skills. Maybe temping will get me a foot in the door at a good company?

Guess will wait and see. Still waiting to hear back from a few more companies on my outstanding applications. Can't believe companies take so long to screen candidate resumes.

Feeling a little down on the job hunting front. I really would like to receive an offer or get more interviews than what I'm getting. It's frustrating. I'm doing my best not to let myself feel too down on the situation and keep moving forward.  Let's see...

Jobbing Updates: by the numbers 
  • Submitted Applications: 29
    • Call Backs: 3
    • Email Confirmations (meet qualifications): 1
    • Video Screening Request: 1
    • Interviews: 3 
    • Denial/Role Filled/Cancelled - Emails: 14

No comments:

Post a Comment