Friday, April 1, 2016

Gratitude: March 2016

March was a crazy/busy month for me: I found out IVF #2 was not successful, I got laid off of work, I finished Financial Peace University, my son was Baptized, Munchkin got Hand/Mouth/Foot disease, I had my first interview, I started my FET #1 cycle, and I started potty training my son.

This month especially, focusing on this Gratitude project was even more important. Focusing on the GOOD things helped me get through some really tough times. It could have been so easy to withdraw or let myself feel the immense ache or let myself sulk in the sadness or succumb to the panic of uncertainty. There were some days I had to force myself to find one good thing that I was grateful for, but I always was able to feel grateful for something.

With everything that's been going on, I still feel very blessed. My son amazes me every single day and never fails to put a big smile on my face. My friends have been extremely supportive though my unemployment and I will be forever grateful for their motivation/support/kindness.

Here is my March list of things that I am Grateful for:

  • New installed security system, making me feel safer. 
  • Choosing to focus on the positive in life!
  • My son doing a happy dance first think in the morning
  • Putting together a trampoline for my son, all by myself 
  • Making the backyard a place my kids can play and have fun 
  • Walmart online grocery ordering
  • My son's sweet sounding voice, he can get away with so much! 
  • Extra special random hugs from my son 
  • A chance to start anew 
  • Friends that are so motivating and supportive! 
  • Finishing Financial Peace University 
  • Friends that help make connections to network 
  • Friends that help review my resume and LinkedIn, to make it better
  • My son being baptized 
  • My son spending time with his Ninong. 
  • Spending quality time with my son's Ninong 
  • Getting my first call back for a job posting I applied to 
  • Getting my first interview!!!! 
  • All the support I've been getting from friends after being laid off 
  • Being goofy and playing with the boys 
  • Attending church with my son's Ninong. 
  • Enjoying reading an amazing book series 
  • Having my first interview and feeling more confident about the job search  
  • Thinking positive and looking towards the future 
  • Getting ready to celebrate Easter 
  • Landing a 2nd job interview! 
  • Becoming more flexible and adjusting my schedule when needed 
  • Praying with my son 
  • Going to the movies 
  • Starting to potty train my son 
  • My son sneaking some extra cuddles 
  • My son that wakes up at 6am - every - single -day - starting off the day at 100mph
  • Seeing my son progress with potty training! 

No comments:

Post a Comment