Thursday, December 8, 2016

13w+5d: MFM Followup and NIPT re-drawn

I had my diabetes follow-up with my MFM.

MFM Followup 

My sugars looked really good this week. I'm going to stop taking Metformin, as of today. No changes to my insulin levels, keeping them at 12 iu in the morning and 16 iu at night. This may need to be adjusted if my sugars spike from not taking the Metformin. I'm also going to do a "trial" run on coffee... and see what it does to my sugar levels. I normally only had 1 cup a day, but I add creamer -- can't drink it black. So, going to see if the creamer I use will impact my sugar levels.

NIPT Re-Drawn

My MFM did not recommend that I re-take the NIPT now. She wanted me to wait until 15 weeks. She also mentioned that there are studies that show if you have multiple inconclusive tests, that it can mean there is an abnormality with the baby... Which I had already read, so wasn't surprised when she said it. There's also some research to show that women overweight are more likely to have inconclusive tests. So there's that as well. She did say that she thought we would have a good idea about baby at the detailed ultrasound, as the soft markers are usually very obvious at that stage in development. Either way, I'll know soon enough.

Well, I couldn't wait until 15 weeks and wanted to do it now. So, she let me... I'm keeping in mind that if it comes back inconclusive for a second time -- not to freak out... I also think that since I've had time to digest things, that I can deal with the results either way it goes. It's all God's will and out of my hands. Either way, I should know what's going on after the detailed ultrasound (hopefully). I am extremely hopeful that everything is ok with my baby and I pray that I can deal with whatever the outcome is.

Next Steps:
  • 12/22/16: MFM, Detailed Ultrasound 
  • 12/30/16: OB, Monthly Follow-up 
For a timeline and more details on my pregnancy journey, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment