Saturday, December 24, 2016

16 Weeks Pregnant!

It's so weird how quickly time is going by, but at the same time - time is going so slowly. I guess all the worry about something being wrong just makes me grateful every time I make it one more week being pregnant. Like I'm itching forward. I can't seem to enjoy the pregnancy too much because every time I think all is well - something else comes up on the worry radar.

BUT, trying to focus on the POSITIVE... baby boy seems to be doing really well. Growing at a good rate and measuring well. 

Some pregnancy randoms: 

  • It's weird being pregnant and not really "looking" pregnant. I'm at the in-between stage where my tummy hasn't really formed, but it's definitely looking different (or at least feeling different). 
  • Being the holidays, it's hard not to CRY about everything. I've been doing pretty well, but it's been touch and go at times. 

How far along: 16 weeks.

How big is baby: An avocado. Ovia app: 




Weight Gain: -10 lbs? I'm not sure. My scale told me I am 10 lbs down from my pre-pregnancy weight. Which is weird because I have definitely been eating regularly. But I guess it's not too much of a concern since baby is gaining weight and measuring well, so he's obviously getting everything he needs. Maybe the weight is just getting redistributed on me? 

Stretch Marks: Not yet. 

Symptoms
  • Carpal Tunnel: I've been getting numb hands when I sleep and numb feet when I sit down. I'm not sure if this is pregnancy carpal tunnel or not. I need to talk to my OB about it. It doesn't hurt, just more annoying than usual. 
  • Extreme Exhaustion: It's hard to maintain a regular schedule. I still get tired quickly and need to take frequent breaks. If I don't get any rest in the afternoon, I'm a mess by early evening. 
  • Pregnancy brain: I've been having major pregnancy brain. I'll go into a room and go completely blank - like why did I go into the room? What was I supposed to do? I've been writing everything down and using my reminders app to try and make up for it. 
  • Boob pain: I've been getting some strange pain in my breasts and they'll hurt pretty bad. But my breasts haven't grown in cup size yet. 
Sleeping: Still tossing turning and waking up 2-3 times to pee. I just started using my new pregnancy pillow and the first night went well. Time will tell if it makes a big impact overall. It looks weird, but it's strangely very comfortable. It takes up a lot of room as well. 


Food cravings: Lumpia! I got my fix the last few days :) 

Food aversions: These seem to have gone away. Still using the peppermints when my tummy feels upset or if my food pains start kicking in. 

Maternity Clothes: The pants are really helpful. I'm not "showing" yet really... but my tummy seems to have repositioned or something. 

Movement: Sometimes I think I feel little bubbles, ultrasound tech thinks I'm feeling the baby! I'm not convinced yet. But now that I'm 16 weeks, I'm hoping I'll feel the movement inside more. I did find out that I have an anterior placenta, so I might not feel movement on the outside until closer to 22 weeks. 

What I did / Got for Baby: Nothing this week! 

What I miss: A regular bladder. Peeing so frequently and in such a "emergency" manner, can suck at times. 

Workouts: ------ no :( 

What I'm looking forward to: Feeling the baby move around! 

Best moment of the week: Finding out my NIPT results and that I'm having a baby boy! Also, seeing my baby on the ultrasound moving around and developing so well. 

Rants/Raves: I decided to do my "coffee trial" with my blood sugars. But turns out my Keurig, which hasn't been used since August decided NOT to work on me!!! I almost cried and thew it away. Luckily I didn't because a few days later it decided to start working again?!!! Why it was defunct when I first tried, no clue. But I'm happy to report that it works now and my "coffee trial" has started. So far, so good with 1 cup a day -- doesn't seem to be impacting my glucose levels. 

Upcoming Appointments: OB routine follow-up 12/30. MFM diabetes follow-up 1/6. MFM detailed level 2 anatomy scan 1/16. 

No comments:

Post a Comment