Saturday, December 31, 2016

17 Weeks Pregnant!

Somehow I feel like I'm doing my weekly pregnancy updates so often, like time is speeding up or something. I'm already 17 weeks pregnant...! Somehow that seems pretty significant to me for some reason, it sounds so far along in my head. Sometimes I still don't "feel" pregnant. I still don't "look" pregnant. Yet, here I am - getting closer to the half-way mark of my pregnancy. How amazing is that? 

Some pregnancy randoms: 
  • My MFM changed my insulin intake. I am now taking 12iu in the morning and 26iu at night. My fasting blood sugars just don't seem to be under the 95 that she wants. We also added a new insulin - Humulin R - of 4iu in the morning before breakfast. 
  • I'm not a big sleeper on my tummy. I've always been a side-sleeper. But every so often I'll lay on my tummy when I'm reading or something. I can't do that anymore as it's become very uncomfortable and I start to feel sick. 
  • If I sit a certain way or bend a certain way, my tummy hurts. 
  • I had this strange "dull ache" on my left side really low down on my tummy. It didn't hurt, it was just highly uncomfortable. 
  • Something funny that I noticed. I've been so worried about this pregnancy because it's my first pregnancy and I've never been through this before (not to mention all the screening tests). I'm not that worried about baby once he's born, all the newborn stuff. I think it's because I've had multiple newborns and I know what to expect in that regard. Some things will be new with this baby: I'm planning to breastfeed and I'll be recovering from L&D. So it will definitely be a different experience, but I feel like "if I can just get through the pregnancy and have my baby boy in my arms, everything will be alright." 
How far along: 17 weeks.

How big is baby: A pomegranate. Ovia app: 
Weight Gain: -8 lbs. 

Stretch Marks: A few days before Christmas, I started noticing a very faint pregnancy line on my tummy. It's so faint, that you can't really see it - but it was definitely not there pre-pregnancy and it seems to be getting a little darker as time goes by. It reaches from my pelvic bone to my belly button, then extends a little north of my belly button. 

Symptoms: Nothing new or unusual. I actually feel really well! Just hormonal at times and so tired at others. 

Sleeping: I'm really liking the pregnancy pillow so far! I'm getting better sleep than I have had since I've gotten pregnant. 

Food cravings: White rice... which is HORRIBLE for a diabetic! I just can't seem to eat fish without rice or chicken without rice. I've also been on a big binge of fried rice with egg for breakfast. Childhood eats are front of mind and I can't believe I don't eat it regularly. The good news is... the rice doesn't seem to be impacting my sugars really, as long as it's paired with a good protein. 

Food aversions: I think I'm over these! Yay! I think I've cooked more in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 4 months! I can cook, I can handle raw meat, I can eat what I cook. It's this really freeing experience and it feels so good to eat a home cooked meal. 

Maternity Clothes: Nothing new yet, but I keep waiting for that day I'm going to "pop" and look pregnant. Will that day ever come? LOL. 

Movement: I **think** I felt the baby on Wednesday at 16w4d. It was morning time and I was laying in bed, not ready to get up. Then I felt this little poke on my side, then some of that bubbling feeling I've felt the last week. I'm pretty sure it was baby because there was no one else there with me to poke me! Nothing regular and often yet though. I've thought I felt a nudge here and there on my sides and I get the butterfly/bubbling feeling - which I notice mostly at night and in the mornings.  

What I did / Got for Baby: I received the following book for Christmas. I think I'll go ahead and read it and see if I can get any new/better ideas. 


My son and I were looking through baby clothes at the store. My son really liked this one because it has a dog on it! I liked it because it says, "Little Brother." So I bought it and now its hanging in the baby's room :) 

What I miss: Going more than a few hours without having to go pee. 

Workouts: I haven't even had time to think about planning workouts and now I'm already 17 weeks. Will I ever find the time? 

What I'm looking forward to: Feeling regular movement from baby boy. 

Best moment of the week: Feeling baby boy's little poke and hearing his heartbeat on the doppler at my OB appointment. 

Rants/Raves: Here's a rant. I just want to sleep. Like sleep for an entire day and not do anything but get up to eat or drink or go to the bathroom. I want to be LAZY for just one day. If I could have someone cook my meals for me, that'd be nice too. LOL. I just feel like I'm not sleeping enough and I never can find the opportunity to really rest because there's always something to do. 

Here's a Rave: This week I've felt that I've really started to connect with the pregnancy. I've been talking to baby boy, singing to him, humming some tunes. He's starting to become "real" to me and every day I feel like I'm falling more in love with him. 

Appointments Next Week: MFM diabetes follow-up 1/6.

No comments:

Post a Comment