Saturday, December 17, 2016

15 Weeks Pregnant

15 weeks pregnant already...! Getting closer to that "half way" mark in the pregnancy at 20 weeks - only 5 weeks away! The pregnancy still doesn't feel "real" sometimes, like this is all pretend or something. I think once I can feel baby move, then it'll feel like everything is really happening.

Some pregnancy randoms: 

  • It's been nice being on less oral medications. I'm only taking my prenatal and baby aspirin right now. I think this is the less I've been on meds for the almost 2 years I was TTC. 
  • I have a HUGE bruise on my tummy from the insulin shots. It got so big, there was no room on that side to inject on. I've been exclusively injecting on my right now -- but now that side is starting to form bruises. Sometimes that little itty bitty needle stings when it goes in. Odd after doing the PIO that the little insulin needle is giving me such grief. 

How far along: 15 weeks.

How big is baby: Navel Orange. Ovia app: 


Weight Gain: -4 lbs

Stretch Marks: Not yet. 

Symptoms: Here's the list: 
  • Starting to get major round ligament pains. They randomly hit when I move too fast or change positions. They hurt a bit. I wonder if that means my tilted uterus is coming forward. 
  • One word: constipation. Ugh. 
  • I've had crazy peeing episodes at night, like getting up 2-3 times. It sucks. 
  • I've been crazy emotional, like crying at the blink of an eye. I was looking at books in Target and one was so adorably cute (toddler book) and I started crying right there in the aisle! WTH! I watched a preview video of an event I was bringing my son to and I bust out crying thinking how much he was going to enjoy it. Sheesh. I'm like a pool of tears just ready to unleash. 

Sleeping: Hard to sleep when you're peeing 2-3 times during the night. Might be time to try a maternity pillow? 

Food cravings: Ice cream, chocolate, and coffee! 

Food aversions: not sure if I mentioned this, but right now I'm obsessed with peppermints. When I have hunger pains and or feel  nauseous, it's the only thing that saves me. So, if I end up eating eggs or peanut butter, I eat a peppermint afterwards and I don't feel nauseous anymore. 

Maternity Clothes: I wanted to mention that I switched to my full coverage bras. No more nice cute ones, they just didn't fit well anymore. The full coverage bras seem to be doing the job right now. I don't think I've grown in cup size yet. I also switched to "granny panties." LOL. They're just way more comfortable than my other underwear. 

Movement: There were a few times I thought I might have felt something. Like little bubbles or something. But it could've been gas! lol. It's still early. 

What I did / Got for Baby: I've been stocking up on diapers and wipes on my Amazon Mom/Subscribe and Save monthly deliveries. I should have a good amount of diapers and wipes by the time baby arrives. I'm sticking to the bigger sizes right now, Size 2-4. Then I plan on getting Size 1 and a few newborn sizes closer to when baby arrives. I don't want too many NB sizes since most baby's grow out of those quickly. 

I received a birthday gift with items for the baby. I busted out crying because 1) it was my first baby gift and 2) I've been crazy-worried about something being wrong with the baby. Very sweet gift. 



What I miss: Not getting up in the middle of the night to go pee. 

Workouts: One day hopefully! 

What I'm looking forward to: seeing the baby again at my next ultrasound. 

Best moment of the week: Briefly finding the baby's heartbeat on the doppler. I swear, the baby is so hard to find! I found it a few times, but it's like hit or miss. More misses than finds the past few times I tried. But one night I found it right away! A nice strong 160 bpm. Then, baby moved and I couldn't find it again. What's also cool is hearing the baby move through the doppler. I swear I heard the baby kick it! 

Upcoming Appointments: 12/22 having a detailed ultrasound. 

No comments:

Post a Comment