Friday, December 30, 2016

16w+6d: OB Monthly Appointment

I had my 4 week follow-up appointment with my OB this morning. What's nice about seeing my OB is that there's not all this "doom and gloom" when it comes to my pregnancy! I guess that's all saved for the MFM and genetic counselor. Going to the OB makes me feel like a normal pregnant lady.

Normal pregnancy stuff: pee in a cup, take weight, check blood pressure, check for fetal tones on the doppler.

Pee in a cup = nice that they use big cups and not little ones!
Weight = didn't even make me take off my boots. With all my clothes on, I am -4 lbs.
Blood Pressure = they said it was normal.
Fetal Tones = 153 bpm!

It was nice that they were able to find baby boy's heartbeat on the doppler. Last time, they weren't able to find it. He was hanging out on the left hand-side which seems to be his preferred spot.

Discussion on Numb Hands / Feet 

I asked the doctor about my numb hands/feet. She said it could be the diabetes or it could be the pregnancy. She suggested I try a brace for my hands at night.

Discussion if Something is Wrong 

We kind of discussed my monitoring at the MFM and my discussion with the genetic counselor. My OB said that when she was pregnant that she didn't do all the extra tests because it can lead down a slippery slope.

But she did mention that if something is wrong with my placenta, that I'm so closely monitored that they can keep a close eye on things. Meaning, if I have to deliver earlier than expected -- it can pretty much be planned since the MFM will have recommendations depending on how things go with my placenta and baby's growth.

She did recommend that I tour a few different hospitals in case I have to deliver at the hospital that has a better NICU...

Other Stuff 

I've been increasingly worried about delivery... I know - I know, it's extremely FAR away right now and there's a lot of other things I should be focused on. However, my mind has time to think about these things still! I just don't know the timing of when to do birthing classes and stuff. My OB said not to worry about it right now until I'm in the 3rd trimester.

Next OB appointment is in 4 more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment