Saturday, April 1, 2017

30 Weeks Pregnant

How far along: 30 weeks, 8 weeks (56 days) until possible delivery at 38 weeks. I might have "waddled" for the first time this week... My stomach has definitely grown! But it still doesn't have that pretty D shape, which I'm not sure I will ever get. 

How big is baby: a Zucchini. Ovia app: 


Weight Gain: +7 lbs 

Stretch Marks: Nothing new. 

Symptoms: Nothing new. 

Sleeping: Nothing new. 

Food cravings: Chocolate is THE thing... and so are Lucky Charms! Oh man... so tempting and bad for me. 

Food aversions: Nope.  

Maternity Clothes: My maternity pants are feeling not so comfy lately... I'm hoping I can manage to make it through the rest of the pregnancy without wasting money buying new ones as I've worn these ones into the ground. I might just have to switch to skirts/dresses full time really soon. 

Movement: Baby boy's movements have been pretty strong this week. They are so strong, that sometimes they wake me up in the middle of the night because I feel someone poking me in my arm (when my arm is laying on my tummy). LOL. I wish I was able to "catch" it more, as there are no predictable patterns and I haven't really been able to show my son yet. I've also been trying to get a video of my tummy moving, but of course - once I turn it on he gets quiet! 

What I did / Got for Baby: I'm having a nesting issue! I want to do-do-do, but there's nothing to do-do-do right now! Argh. It's frustrating. 
  1. I've been researching breastfeeding a lot and even talked to my daycare about the process with breastmilk. It was nice to hear that I can go during lunch time to breastfeed the baby if I want! I might do that on days I work from home... will see. 
  2. I'm planning my L&D Nurses gifts -- but too early to put them together or buy everything. But I have a plan! I'll post a separate entry about this when I actually make them.
  3. I've been thinking about my hospital bag and contemplating when to pack it... I'm making a list and I'm sure my list is way too long and I don't really need all that crap. I'll also post a separate entry on this when I start putting it together... maybe at about ??32 weeks??, which isn't that far away! 
  4. I've been thinking about when to install my car seat! Trying to just stay calm and wait until the beginning of May. I don't think I'll last that long though. I want to get my car detailed and all clean before putting it in though, so need to put that on my calendar somewhere. 
  5. I've been thinking about my maternity pictures and am going to purchase a pretty new dress JUST for the pictures... oh my. I hate spending money for a dress that will only be good for ONE thing, but it's so very pretty... I'll post a separate entry on this as well after I figure out my outfits. 
  6. I received my Lillebaby carrier this week! Woohoo! I'm liking the back support. 



What I miss: Having more energy. 

Workouts: This is how tired I get... I brought my son to a fire station grand opening in town. He had a GREAT time and keeps talking about going back. Well, we were on our feet for almost 2 hours straight. No biggie normally... but man, I felt like I was beat up and was completely exhausted afterward. Not just from being on my feet, but having to keep up with my son's toddler-tudes and all. He even threw himself on the ground at one point in a full-out tantrum (which hardly ever happens with him). I was so tired at that point, that I just looked at him and walked away. He followed quickly and turned his attitude around, but I just didn't have it in me to deal with a 3 yo screaming on the ground at that moment. 

Working out? Good in theory. But if I can't even stay on my feet for a long period of time and I get winded so easily, it makes it hard to be motivated to workout. Not to mention scheduling issues and just general life-busy stuff. Props to the pregnant ladies that make it work! I try not to compare myself to other pregnant moms that are able to maintain a workout schedule while pregnant. The reality of taking care of my 3 year old, all his appointments, all my appointments, my work schedule, house responsibilities -- it's just not in the cards for me. I wish I could be super mom and "make" it work somehow, but I've learned that its not always possible unfortunately. 

I am starting to think about post-baby and a workout schedule.Just to think, it'll be the first time I'll NOT be on any fertility meds or pregnant -- since maybe my hysteroscopy surgery in February 2015?!! Crazy to think about being medicated for so long. I used to be really good at working out pre-fertility treatments. I'm really hoping to find a good balance after we get into a routine after baby boy is here. 

What I'm looking forward to: The repeat elective ultrasound. Hoping baby boy cooperates this time! 

Best moment of the week: The week feels like a big blur, not sure if there was a "best moment" for the week really. 

Rants/Raves: Sorry for another rant. My son got sick again this week, strep throat AGAIN. It was a lot worse this time, as his throat hurt him so bad -- that he kept spitting, wouldn't eat/drink, and would just cry. Not to mention he had a fever and Tylenol / Ibuprofen didn't even help much. It was pretty horrible for him and for me. Getting strep throat 2x's in 3 months is highly concerning and hoping there's not a bigger issue coming up. 

Appointments Next Week: I think going forward I will have one or two appointments minimum. Next week is packed with appointments. 
  1. 4/5 Bi-Weekly OB Appointment 
  2. 4/7 Therapist Appointment for Antenatal Depression 
  3. 4/7 3D-4D Elective Ultrasound Re-do. 
  4. 4/8 Breastfeeding Class 

No comments:

Post a Comment