Saturday, April 15, 2017

32 Weeks Pregnant

How far along: 32 weeks. I have 5-6 weeks (35-42 days) until possible delivery between 37-38 weeks. 32 weeks seems like a pretty big deal to me. When I had my last bleed at 20 weeks, I learned there were restrictions on which hospital I could deliver at depending on how far along I was. At 32 weeks, I can officially deliver at my preferred hospital. So yay for that!

How big is baby: a Squash. Ovia app: 



Weight Gain:  +10 lbs 
 
Stretch Marks: Nothing new.

Symptoms: Same stuff. Fatigue. I can't function for more than 1 event a day it seems. Pregnancy brain is a scary but real thing. I've also been having issues eating. Just not hungry for certain foods. Also, can't eat as much in one sitting.

Sleeping: The never ending "I can't sleep" saga continues. Insomnia is kicking my bottom.

Food cravings: Chocolate... ice cream... cookie dough...

Food aversions: None.

Maternity Clothes: I refuse to buy more maternity clothes! I am however "growing" out of my pregnancy clothes. I feel most comfortable in dresses/skirts these days, especially with the heat.

Movement: Baby boy is moving pretty consistently. Sometimes the movements are stronger than normal. At night time, I don't know what he's doing in there, but he seems to do something that just feels really uncomfortable to me. I try to move around and get into a different position, that seems to help.

What I did / Got for Baby:  
  • Paper shredding. I went on a paper rampage. Paper clutter is my nemesis. Right now my filing and paper work are under control. I shredded 3 garbage bags full of papers. I still have 2 big boxes to shred, which I'll get to when I have time.
  • Book purging. I went through my books and am purging 80% of them. I just need to figure out how I'm going to get them out of my house (they are heavy!).
  • Estate Planning. I completed my estate planning documents! Yay for that. They were "done" -- but I made some major changes to them.
  • Amazon Completion Discount. I finally became eligible for my Amazon Completion Discount on my baby registry! I was so excited about it and purchased all the things I think I "needed" to have or that the discount really helped with -- so bought it now vs. later. It was like Christmas when everything started to arrive.

What I miss: Doing more than 1 activity a day.

Workouts: decluttering counts, right?

What I'm looking forward to: Packing my hospital bag and finishing all the last minute things to prepare for baby boy.

Best moment of the week: Seeing baby boy on the ultrasound.

Rants/Raves: Rant. I hate having diabetes and I hate how "easy" everyone thinks it is to watch what I eat. If it was easy, then people wouldn't stress about it. I'm already a picky eater. I've been monitoring my food since October/November 2016 and checking my glucose levels 4-6x's a day EVERY SINGLE DAY since October. I've been giving myself insulin shots since November. It's tiring and NOT easy at all. In a perfect world, I would say "yeah, no problem." But in reality, when you have deadlines/meetings at work, you have so many medical appointments, you have all these prenatal classes, you have your kid's appointments, regular house maintenance stuff, regular family stuff, regular life stuff -- finding time to grocery shop, finding time to cook, finding time to meal plan, finding time to eat a balanced meal, making sure you eat every 2-3 hours, finding time to check my glucose levels RIGHT at 2 hour post meal -- isn't the easiest thing to do every - single - day. Some days it's impossible really... Not to mention the regular pregnant food cravings that I have. You think it's easy to crave something sooooo bad and not have it? Try being pregnant and having enough self-control to say no every single time. Think it's possible?
 
I've tried to let go of trying to be perfect because it's nearly impossible. I try to find a good balance and I try not to beat myself up if I'm not perfect. I already feel guilty that I'm hurting my baby -- so it just sucks when other people want to chime in for me to "take this seriously." Like I'm not or something. I take it very seriously, I know what the risks of diabetes in pregnancy are, but I'd rather not beat myself up when I'm not perfect or when I can't make it work. That stress/anxiety is going to be more harmful to my baby. So whatever. I'm not perfect. I'm not the perfect diabetic pregnant patient. I can't always find the time to do every single thing that I'm supposed to do. But you know what, that's OK! I wish that I can get the, "I understand" vs. the lectures. You know, that thing called "support." I think I give myself enough grief about it and don't need it from people that aren't living in my shoes.
 
The good news about the pregnancy is that despite my fluctuating glucose levels, my A1C is pretty darn good. Baby boy isn't measuring too big right now and he's looking really healthy. Just hoping that continues because the bigger he gets, the more my glucose levels are going to shift and the harder it is to maintain good glucose levels. Just to note -- this is regardless if I ate perfectly.

Appointments Next Week: I begin my weekly BPP ultrasounds and NST's next week. 
  1. 4/18 OB BPP U/S
  2. 4/21 OB NST 

No comments:

Post a Comment