Friday, April 7, 2017

30w+6d: First Antenatal Therapist Appointment

I had my official first therapy appointment for antenatal depression. I didn't really have time to think about the appointment prior to going and had no expectations going in. I'm basically getting treated for Anxiety and for Depression related to pre-natal depression.

I'm not sure how open I'll be about my therapy sessions on this blog... I'll have to see what my comfort level is as I go along. For this first session, it was mostly discussing my situation with my mother. Since there are a lot of complications with our relationship and her interest in my life is really new to me since we reconnected in December. Plus, she's coming to help with the baby -- and I have major worries about how that's going to go, especially considering our history.

The therapy session went ok for the most part. I'm glad I'm getting the help now vs. waiting until postpartum. I'm hoping that it'll give me the tools and resources to deal with PPD if I end up experiencing it. I also hope to avoid taking any medications postpartum, if the therapy sessions help.

The goal is to meet every 2 weeks. However, she was totally booked for the rest of April, so I couldn't schedule an appointment until May.

Next Steps: Appointments scheduled for May 5 and May 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment