Tuesday, April 11, 2017

31w+3d: MFM Follow-up, Growth Ultrasound

I had my growth ultrasound and diabetes appointment with my MFM today.

My Stats: 

  • Weight: +10 lbs 
  • Blood Pressure: 128/60

Baby Stats: 

  • Overall Percentile: 65
  • Head Percentile: 97
  • Torso: 85
  • Projected Weight: 4 lbs 4 oz 
  • Adjusted due date: 6/3 - measuring 1 week ahead at 32w+3d 

Baby boy looks really good! Some cool things about the ultrasound: watching him practice breathing, watching him suck on his hand, and seeing him stretch. He's still head down, but not as far down as he was before. Didn't get any good pictures of him because he kept burying his face in my placenta. It's so cute watching him suck his hand :) Hoping that means that he'll take to breastfeeding!

He's measuring one week ahead, which is what he was measuring before. So, he's on track. The only issue is his torso has gotten a lot bigger, measuring in the 85th percentile. Which is totally my fault since my eating habits have been so horrid. My baby is probably floating around in sugar fluid :(  Poor thing. My MFM said that I really need to watch my food intake so it doesn't impact his growth. Right now, one week ahead is good. But we don't want to see him get over the 95th percentile in overall growth and we don't want to see his torso get into the 95th percentile.

MFM said we should know if I can try for a vaginal birth by 36 weeks or if we'll need to schedule a C-Section. If all goes well in the next few weeks, it sounds like I might be able to choose the date of induction / C-Section date, which is weird to me...! Like I would be choosing my baby's birth date or something. Yikes! In all honesty, as much as I want to meet my baby boy -- I'll keep him in there as long as the doctor's will let me and as long as it's safe. Unless he decides on his own to make an earlier appearance before induction/C-Section.

Can't believe he's estimated at being 4 lbs, 4 oz right now!

I figure, I have about 6 more weeks left of being pregnant -- I need to just suck it up and get more serious about watching what I eat. It's been hard with our schedule being so busy, we've been eating out a lot more than usual and I haven't had time to go grocery shopping in the last 2 weeks. But, things are "kinda sorta" calming down and I'll have some time this week to make a grocery pickup.

Going forward, I'm going to be seeing the MFM weekly. We really need to watch my glucose logs and make adjustments as needed. So, I'm going to go every Tuesday for my diabetes consult and have my Bio Physical Profile (BPP) ultrasound done there instead of at the OB. I'll do the NST weekly at the OB. Hopefully this will keep me to about 2 appointments a week, since I'm combining them. I'll also get another growth ultrasound in 2-4 weeks, depending how things look at the BPP's.

Glucose changes:

  • Morning: Humulin N 34 iu, Humulin R 16 iu
  • Evening (before meals): Humulin R 16 iu [or 18 iu if before dinner glucose is 120 or higher]
  • Evening (before bed): Humulin N 54 iu
I did ask my MFM about my low PAPP-A and low HCG from my first trimester screening... like, if I should still be worried about that. Some of the risks of those test results are: pre-eclampsia, potential growth restrictions, and pre-term labor. She told me I don't need to worry about any of that -- that we would have seen something by now and everything looks good. That made me feel better and I hope she's right! 

It's kinda weird because I have the next 6 weeks booked already for the BPP ultrasound and diabetes consult. Like there are ONLY 6 weeks because I'll be having my baby at the end of all that. Seems so wild and close and starting to feel so very real...!! Very exciting to think about :) He's almost here!!! 


Next Steps: Weekly Diabetes and BPP appointments - scheduled every Tuesday until 5/23.

No comments:

Post a Comment