Saturday, April 29, 2017

34 Weeks Pregnant

How far along: 34 weeks. Looking like 3-4 weeks to go (21-28 days).

How big is baby: Butternut Squash. Ovia app: 

Weight Gain:  +15 lbs 

Stretch Marks: Nothing new. 

Symptoms: The fatigue continues to be present. The peeing is getting hard and I have to go more often. Also constipation really sucks. I also am very gassy. The reflux hasn't lightened up any. I'm getting some weird pains here and there. It's really hard to get up from a sitting position. My feet are still pretty swollen. It's still hard to breathe. 

Sleeping: It's so hard to fall asleep. Then it's hard to stay asleep. I'm still getting soreness on my legs when I sleep on my sides and I can't figure out any way to reduce it. Charlie horses have been trying to sneak up on me, but I've been pretty good about flexing my foot to try and avoid them. Peeing in the night about 2-3x's. Sometimes baby wakes up and is doing ninja kicks in there -- makes it hard to go back to sleep. 

Food cravings: Something strange, but some foods don't taste good. Food I love tastes so bland. What's up with that? 

Food aversions: None. 

Maternity Clothes: Nothing new. 

Movement: Baby boy's movements are sometimes highly uncomfortable. Other times, they're strong. I feel his hiccups pretty consistently and wonder if they bother him any? 

What I did / Got for Baby: I got a lot done for baby boy. 
  • I washed some more of his sheets/blankets. 
  • The "baby corner" in my bedroom is pretty much done. 
  • His "baby corner" in the living room is also pretty much done. 
  • I put together a "breastfeeding / changing" basket. I have all the changing stuff in there, just need to work on the breastfeeding stuff - which I'm still accumulating. 
  • I put together his diaper bag for the hospital! 
  • I put batteries into all the new baby things that need them. 
  • I washed the carseat pads. 
  • I started putting together my diaper bag. 
  • I put a sheet on his crib mattress. 
What I miss: being able to sit comfortably. 

Workouts: laundry and cooking count? 

What I'm looking forward to: Getting my induction date/time. 

Best moment of the week: Hearing that everything is well with baby boy. 

Rants/Raves: I always have a rant, right? Well, this week is no different. I had a very difficult week. I'm just exhausted. Between major work deadlines, work projects, my medical appointments, my son's medical appointments, and some NEW major behavioral issues from my son.... I'm just done. I really need a break. I feel like I can't focus on the pregnancy at all or focus on prepping for the baby. Which is funny because it sounds like I did a lot of stuff and I guess I did, but that's mostly during the time I should be sleeping!! Since sleep has not been easy, I've focused that time on getting a little bit done at a time. 

Not to mention, my mom keeps pissing me off. I hate it when she calls me "lazy." Like, really? I'm lazy? I just want to say F-You and ask her not to come here. I don't know if her presence is going to do more harm than good. But I swear, if she says I'm lazy when she's here, I might have my little brother come pick her up and drive her to California. I don't need that sh-t right now. I've been meaning to write an entry about my issues with her that have come up, but I've just been too busy this week. Maybe after next week? I'm hoping my work schedule calms down after my projects are done. 

Another rant. I had a co-worker say, "Oh! I didn't know you were pregnant! When are you due?" <sigh> Bump insecurities galore. Still been meaning to post an entry on that topic. But really, I'm 8 months pregnant and she didn't notice my stomach protruding? I guess she just figured I was gaining weight. Nice. Right after she made that comment, I had to give a 1.5 hour training session in front of co-workers I don't know that well and who probably just figured I was fat. It's funny because that day I wore a shirt that I thought made me look obviously pregnant... guess not. I'll get around to writing that post. I feel so petty being bother by it and being so sensitive... but with everything else going on and just feeling straight up overwhelmed... not to mention my crazy pregnancy hormones... it's just one extra thing. 

Appointments Next Week: Tuesday 5/2 MFM+BPP. Friday 5/5 OB+NST. 

No comments:

Post a Comment