Sunday, April 23, 2017

33w+0d: Newborn Care Class Experience

I decided to take a newborn care class. Believe it or not, I never took one before and I've had how many babies? It's always funny to think that I've been able to manage and all my babies have actually done really well.

I wanted to take the class as a "refresher" since it's been so long since I've parented a newborn. I also was hoping to get some new / useful information that maybe I missed since I never took a class on newborn care.

Here is the book and the "baby" on display: 


I will say that if you are a NEW parent and have not been around infants very much, this class is great and wonderful. Covers a lot of stuff: diapering, bathing,  But since I have so much experience with babies, I didn't learn anything new. 

A lot of the "new" stuff I wasn't that familiar with was covered in birthing class and/or lactation class. There is a bit overlap in all three classes. Technically, I could've gone without it! 

Also, the room was extremely warm -- the chairs are highly uncomfortable -- so I almost fell asleep in the class! LOL. 

All in all, it was good to know that I have most of the knowledge that I need already. Also, good to know that there's nothing new that I need to watch out for. 

As of now, I'm done with all the prenatal classes! So yay for that, I can have my Saturdays back (for now). 

No comments:

Post a Comment