Saturday, April 22, 2017

33 Weeks Pregnant

How far along: 33 weeks. Countdown: 4-5 weeks (28-35 days) to go until possible delivery the week of May 20th (between 37-38 weeks).

How big is baby: Celery. Ovia app: 


Weight Gain:  +14 lbs 

Stretch Marks: No new ones, but the ones I have area getting a bit darker. 

Symptoms: Where to begin? Here are some of the joys of pregnancy that people don't talk about much :) 
  • Swollen Feet. My work flats are TIGHT! My feet are so swollen. I even had my house cleaner comment on it and tell me to lay off the salt. Ugh. 
  • Pregnancy Brain: Another silly example of pregnancy brain in the works. I gave my son his pajamas and he was taking so long to get dressed. I try not to 'crowd' him and let him take his time. Once he came in my room I figured out why it took him so long. I gave him two SHIRTS! He ended up putting one of the shirts on as pants. Poor guy :(  
  • Pains and aches in neck. I've been getting a bunch of aches and pains. Most noticeably I've been getting some neck pain and an increase in back pain. I noticed it happens most on a busy work day and I can't get up from my desk as much as usual. 
  • Reflux. I've been experiencing horrible reflux. I didn't get this in the first trimester and didn't really anticipate it in the third trimester. But it's here. If I eat and drive in the car, sometimes it's bad. After dinner and trying to lay down -- it's the worse. I've been sleeping elevated to try and help it. But I'm just very uncomfortable. 
  • Increase in discharge. I've been getting a lot of watery discharge. I'm back to wearing pads because it was so bad it was saturating my underwear! Panty liners are too thin and it would just over saturate them quickly. 
  • Hot Flashes. The hot flashes have increased in frequency and duration. No way to know when or why they're going to hit. But I end up sweating so bad and dripping. It's gross. It also doesn't help that it's already hot here, I just feel over heated all the time. 

Sleeping: Sleeping has become extremely difficult...! If I wake up in the middle of the night, it is nearly impossible to fall back to sleep. Not to mention that I've been experiencing major reflux and it kicks in at night time. I've been trying to sleep at an incline, but it doesn't always work out. Plus, sometimes my son will wake up and come in my room. Once I'm awake, it's so very hard to go back to sleep. 

Food cravings: Last week was super busy at work and it was so very hard to stay on any type of eating schedule. This made it really difficult to manage my diabetes.  

Food aversions: N/A 

Maternity Clothes: I've mentioned it before, my maternity pants aren't very comfortable anymore. I've been wearing skirts/dresses -- but that means I have to constantly shave my legs! Have I mentioned how difficult it is to bend down and shave my legs? Oh man... I wish my maternity pants fit comfortably because then I wouldn't bother shaving! Argh. 

Movement: Baby boy moves pretty frequently. There are days when he's less active and I start to let worry creep into my mind... Once I start to get concerned, he will normally make some movements and I feel better. It's nice I'm getting monitored with the BPP/NST's now. I have to keep reminding myself, "All looked well and he's OK." 

What I did / Got for Baby:  My breast Pump: Spectra S2, arrived! It's extremely light-weight, which surprised me. I haven't cleaned it yet. Need to figure out when the best time to do that is. Maybe after breastfeeding is established? 


I decided on a wrap! I got the Wrapsody Stretch Hybrid. I didn't realize there would be a different way to wrap using a stretch hybrid vs. a stretchy wrap (like the Moby). I've been watching videos on different newborn holds and it's a bit intimidating and I'll definitely have a learning curve with it. Give me a Moby and I can wrap very easily. But the stretch hybrid wraps have a little more to it... So, will have to see how it all goes down. 



What I miss: Having energy. 

Workouts: Nothing considered exercise for a normal person! 

What I'm looking forward to: Scheduling my induction date! 

Best moment of the week: Watching baby boy on the ultrasound. 

Rants/Raves: Rave. A friend has offered to throw me a baby shower! I'm not really that into baby showers... I actually don't like them very much. It's also weird because I've been a mom for a so long already, so it almost feels like I shouldn't have a baby shower since it's not my "first baby." I never had a baby shower since I was a foster parent and I don't think it's in the norm to have baby showers for foster parents -- although now that I think about it... It's a really good idea to! 

I also just assumed I wouldn't have one because I don't really have any family that lives near that can host it. It was very nice of my friend to offer, that I decided to go ahead and go for it! It's scheduled for May 21st... so we're in that "time frame" of 37 weeks along and hoping baby boy doesn't decide to join us ahead of time! The shower is going to be small and very low-key. I'm extremely touched my friend offered and so grateful to her. What's also nice is another friend offered to host the shower at her house! How very nice and sweet. I feel very lucky to have these generous people in my life. 

Since my friend is hosting at her house, we are doing an "adults only" shower. It's funny because in my family, showers are normally co-ed and all ages are welcome. There's all this strange etiquette for baby showers (just google it) that I had no clue about! People feel very strongly about things. Like some are adamant that children should be welcome at showers, while others think children should not be allowed. I kinda like the idea of "adult only"! Being a single mom, I hardly get any adult interaction without my son. One of my guy friends is willing to watch him during the shower, so I'll technically be "kid free" for the shower! Which in all honesty is NICE. It's hard to be fully engaged in conversations with adults when you have one ear/one eye watching your preschooler. I always feel "half-there" at brunches or get togethers because I'm always on mommy-mode. A few hours being kid-free is like a luxury! Especially since I'm about to have double boy trouble when baby boy arrives :) 

Rant. I have a rant about my mom... but it's really long, so I'll save it for its own post. 

Appointments Next Week:  
  1. 4/25: MFM Diabetes + BPP
  2. 4/28: OB + NST, also OB will fill out maternity leave paperwork 

No comments:

Post a Comment