Friday, August 5, 2016

FET 2 (Cycle #11): Baseline Ultrasound + FET Calendar

It's so weird to jump from cycle to cycle! It's been a long time since I've done that... since my IUI's really. Yesterday was my beta test for Cycle 10 and today I had my baseline ultrasound to start my FET#2 Cycle.

I had my ultrasound and everything seems to be well with my ovaries. Although my left ovary was hard to find (again).  The cyst from Cycle 10 is gone. Yay for that! My ovaries seem to have recovered from the stim meds and I officially start Birth Control tomorrow.

My clinic has moved quickly and I already have my FET Calendar! Crazy. I have it listed at the bottom of this entry. A few things:

  • My RE wants me to do another Saline Ultrasound (Sonohysterogram or SHG). I hate those things! I did the last one in November and I guess they recommend doing them every 6-9 months. Really hoping no polyp is found, like at my first Saline Ultrasound. If they find any polyps or fibroids, I'll have to make a choice to move forward with the FET or do another hysteroscopy. I remember when I had my first one and they told me that polyps can grow back... Here's to hoping all is in the clear. 
  • I'm planning on doing an Endometrial Scratch. This is supposed to help success rates. I haven't done one before, but I heard it hurts like a B. Not looking forward to it, but I am hoping it ups the odds. Basically, they literally scratch your uterine lining.




This FET cycle is going to be a long one. I'm scheduled for my transfer tentatively for September 22, 2016. I'll be on BCP for awhile and I'll have to do the PIO again for the FET. With the way the dates fall, I'm not sure when my Beta will be scheduled for. The normal day falls on a Saturday and I'm not sure that they'll be open for testing on a Saturday. So I might have to wait until Monday. Which I won't know until I have the transfer how it's going to fall.

I'm feeling more optimistic and positive about this FET cycle. Probably because I'm off of the medication right now!!! I tell you, my reaction on progesterone is just horrible.

Next Steps: 

  • 8/6/16: Start Birth Contol Pills 
  • 8/17/16: SHG Ultrasound 
  • 8/19/16: IVF #3/IUI #7 WTF Post-Cycle Consult, Injections Training, Blood Work, Consent Forms, Endo Scratch. 
FET #2 Calendar:






No comments:

Post a Comment