Wednesday, August 17, 2016

FET 2 (Cycle #11): Sonohysterogram No. 3

In my TTC, I just never know what to expect! Recently I've been going into each appointment with an "idea" of the drastically different directions a cycle can go depending on the results of the procedure or monitoring.

Today, I had a saline ultrasound (SHG aka Sonohysterogram). Basically they insert fluid (saline) into your uterus to see if there are any uterine defects (polyps or fibroids). It's my 3rd one since I started my TTC journey. First one was for pre-testing, second one was prior to starting IVF#1, and now this third one prior to FET #2. 



At my first SHG, they found a uterine defect, which turned out to be a polyp. Which delayed my first IUI by 4 months. I had a hysteroscopy to remove a polyp. 



Now that I've been TTC, I know that polyps can grow back. I also know that I do not have to remove a polyp, if I don't want to. I also know that polyps decrease chances of implantation (since they can be attached to the uterus where the embryo would implant) and increase chances of miscarriage. On the other hand, some women get pregnant with a polyp and have no issues during pregnancy. Forever the odds game and the crazy vortex of "who knows" and "if and then and maybe." 

Going into the SHG, I knew there was a possibility of a polyp and the possibility of a delay in FET #2 and the possibility of having to decide on a hysteroscopy (again). I also knew that everything can possibly turn out with no uterine defects, keeping the timeline as scheduled. 

Oh the never ending possibilities of this direction or that.

The procedure went OK. It's very similar to an IUI and goes by quickly. The most uncomfortable part is having the speculum put in and having a bright light shining on all my lady bits. There was some cramping, but nothing crazy. I am "all clear," meaning they did not detect any uterine defects. Yay for that! They did have a hard time finding my left ovary again... but right now, the cycle is a Go. One step cleared. Now onto the next! 

I'm feeling more and more positive about the upcoming FET. I keep looking at the picture of my embryos and letting my mind wonder about all the possible beautiful scenarios in my if and then potential futures.

Even though I'm on my 11th cycle and I've been at this for what feels like forever... I still get a glow just thinking about the "if it works this time" scenario... Because "then all of this" would have been totally worth it. And wouldn't that be something :)



Next Steps: 

  • 8/18/16: receive first order of medications 
  • 8/19/16: Injections Training, Consent Forms, Cycle Pay Day, and Endometrial Scratch

Click the hyperlink for more details on FET #2IVF Cycles, or TTC journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment