Sunday, May 24, 2015

Toddler See-Toddler Do: May 2015 Edition

The kids are growing up so fast and developing language so quickly, I'm finding I'm not able to track it quick enough! Thought I would try to accumulate everything and add it into the blog in hopes to track some of these awesome milestones and language developments.

The Magic in Books 

Both kids LOVE "Story Time". After we brush teeth, I will say "It's Story Time!" Both kids will scream "YAY!" and run to the spot in the bedroom where we read, they will be giggling and laughing the entire time :) I love that they both love to read. After we read, Little Guy likes to take the book and flip through it by himself, sometimes trying to mimic my story telling voices. Super adorable.

During play time the kids will sometimes sit down together, side-by-side, and read their own books. In preparation for the next steps, going to possibly start working on POTTY TRAINING! We started reading some books.

Little Guy 
He will walk around and talk to the flowers and trees and say "Hi" and wave at them. How precious is that? :) 
When asked a question like, "Who wants to brush their teeth?" He responds "ME!
"Home
"Yeah
"Thank you" He's working on this one, only says it occasionally! He prefers "NO!" 
I will say, "it's time to go to the car". Little Guy will grab his toy car and say "Car!"  
"Please." He will sign it and say it (sometimes!)  
He is obsessed with cows and saying "MOO!!!"    
He will say "Light" and point to the lamp or when he turns on/off the light switch. 
Every time he hears a plane flying over head, he gets so excited. He will point and yell "Airplane!"  
"Mickey Mouse" but sounds more like "Me-Mow"  
 "Elmo" but sounds more like "Nemo"
Little Miss

Little Miss is working on putting 3 or 4 words into sentences. Which is pretty amazing considering when she first came to me she was only saying about 10-15 words in January! Here are some of her more interesting sentences: 
"I don't know."
"I hurt my back." or "I hurt my knee." or any other body part she knows. 
"Where'd it go?"
"Are you tired Mama?" 
"I pee pee in my diaper."
"Why?" About everything. 
"I go home Mama?" When we are out and she wants to head home, usually when she's tired. 
"I ni-ni now." When she's tired and ready to go to bed.  
Random Toddler Funnies 
  • The kids were taking a bath and then Little Miss starts "blowing bubbles" in the bath tub. They both take swim class and that's one of the things that they're learning. Little Guy hasn't mastered that yet. When he sees Little Miss doing it, he sticks his entire face in the bathtub! The entire time they are both cracking up. It took him about 4x's before he just had his mouth in and started "blowing Bubbles. When it was time to get out of the bath, he kept trying to blow bubbles -- even when the water was all out! He laid down in the bathtub, with his mouth against the bottom, trying to blow bubbles. 
  • Little Miss is learning to put on and take off her pants/shorts. This is in preparation for potty training! Well, she normally puts her pants/shorts on backwards. Which I don't correct, because I don't want to discourage her. One day, she puts her shorts on backwards and asked me "Pockets?"? She loves putting her hands in her pockets, but they were on her bottom because she had them on backwards. I told her the pockets were in the back. So, she puts her hands in her pockets (that are on her bottom) and walks around all day like that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment