Sunday, May 3, 2015

Busy May, Staying Distracted, & Vacation Countdown!

Last week was emotionally draining and just a blur of events.
  • First, I had a big Toastmasters event last weekend. Which went extremely well! But it was exhausting - an all day event. Not to mention all the prep work that went into it. 
  • Second, I had my first IUI cycle come back as a BFN. :( 
  • Third, the court hearing for my foster son didn't go well. :( 
  • Forth, I've started my second IUI cycle and started Clomid at 100mg. I'll save my Clomid stories for a different entry. 
All of that to lead into May events. There's a bunch going on this month: fertility appointments (including my second IUI - date TBD), appointments for my foster kiddos, another court hearing for my Little Guy, a Toastmasters conference to attend, and the biggie -- Hawaii Vacation!!!! 

After all the downers from last week, all the uncertainty with Trying to Conceive (TTC), and the craziness that is my Little Guy's foster care case... I needed to switch my focus on counting "cycle days", worrying about IUI success rates / how to increase your chances in IUI, worrying about Severance Trials... Therefore, I'm going to focus on my vacation that's coming up! Little Guy and I are going to Oahu, Hawaii on May 28th! 

25 more days until Vacation!! 

I'm looking at this as a "positive distraction". There's a lot going on in my mind around everything and I need a way to funnel all this pent up energy. I went to Google-verse and looked up "How to keep a toddler busy on a plane." :) Then today, I went to my trusted Amazon Smile and I SHOPPED. Bought a bunch of cool things to keep my Little Guy busy (hopefully) and entertained (hopefully) during our long flight to Oahu. If these cool toys end up being worthwhile distractible toddler items, I will blog about them after we get back. 

This isn't our first plane trip together. Little Guy has been to California (twice), Austin, and Florida. He was a lot younger on those trips and he's a busy guy. Now that the toddler months have decided to arrive early, I have to be prepared for optimal toddler entertainment. It is already stressful traveling alone with a toddler, not to mention the luggage, the logistics, etc. But I am determined to make this the smoothest trip we've had - meaning minimal meltdowns, food on the ready, sippy cup ready, and toys to entertain! Added plus would be for me not to sweat like a dog through the airport carrying my toddler, all these fantastic distraction items, pushing his stroller, and trudging his car seat along. 

All in all --> It felt GOOD to focus on something FUN!! To further enhance this "distraction", I plan to continue working on our itinerary of things to do and places to see. I had started it before I started my first IUI cycle and have gotten away from it. Time to finalize everything.

This trip was already planned prior to Little Miss arriving. Therefore, she will be staying in respite with her daycare provider while we are gone. 

I'm really excited to be taking this trip with Little Guy. We leave the day after the severance trial and after I receive my Beta results back... So, the trip is perfectly timed. Whether I receive positive/negative news prior to leaving -- I have this trip to look forward to! 

Aloha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment